Pharmaceutical Addition - Legal Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main Idea:
Add a way to use chem tables to make certain legal narcotics (i.e. pain killers, antivirals, antibiotics, etc.). This is a longshot idea but a smaller version may be a good and easy addon to the legal side of the server.

Full description of the idea:

Add in ability to make certain pharmaceuticals to sell to the hospital legally for profit.
Most of these drugs are very complex so a simplified method, such as further processing of simpler drug molecules could help.
Adding certain pills like antibiotics could involve culturing bacteria for say 30 minutes and then packaging.
Other drugs could simply be refined pain medicine (in which the solvent is evaporated as well) or other purification.

Gunpowder: made of potassium nitrate, sulfur, and carbon. This could be a very good way to make gunpowder cheaper and either resell it for profit or use it yourself.

Legal drugs in-game player effects:
Addition of medical conditions such as minor colds (especially when swimming when it is snowing or if you aren't eating well and may be weaker) could give opportunity for these drugs to be used to fix in game problems.
Also adding the ability for persons to overdose on drugs could add a job for medics. Players experiencing overdose would show certain obvious symptoms on their body and would need some sort of injection rather than just defibrillation.
These drugs would not be more profitable than illicit drugs but rather a legal yet slower path to make money with the chem tables.

Why should it be added?:
This is a great way for people to be able to make legal money in a complex and rewarding way like making normal, illicit drugs. It can also cause a new challenge for police in identifying these drugs and possibly introduce a new level of RP. These drugs can be programmed to have in game effects such as less reaction (though same damage) to pain, reduce healing time, etc.
An addition of several minor 'bugs' like a common cold could also give this system a further purpose. The cold could be a very minor, but spreadable, inconvenience in which people must buy cold medicine. The stuff at the store could be weaker than that made by players and sold in their shops. I mean, we already have some cold meds in game ;).

Pros:
  • New way of making money legally
  • added challenge to police (as not all chem tables are being used illegally)
  • Adds a route that can involve some skill to make money
  • These drugs can be used to make enhancements or as health boosts, also possibility for more game interaction later with coding

Cons:
  • More complexity
  • Less accessible than other alternatives
  • complex and could be difficult to code

Other additions:
Fully willing to offer my chemistry/biological skills and knowledge here as wanted. Many common drugs are INCREDIBLY complex though and and accurate system should not be attempted.
For your enjoyment (complain video about the realism cause I had extra time)

Reaction score
Like I said in ts its a great idea but is it really worth the time to make. Sure its a great Idea more things to do ingame etc. But lets be real if its gunna be a legal way of making money then it cant have a high pay-out due to the fact then its way to easy to make money with no risk of cops raiding for it. If the pay-out is too low then no one is going to use it as its not worth the time. If no one uses it then the dev team created something pointless. Bit like the delivery job no one uses it as its not worth the time/fun to do. Don't get me wrong it would be a nice idea because it adds more roleplay but will it really be used?

Reaction score
I like this idea mostly because I enjoy studying organic chemistry and I've had to produce a few pharmaceuticals in a lab like aspirin and I could nerd out about this being added and all the new equipment that would have to be added like condensation towers to produce chemicals under reflux or distillation, but if this was to be added I fear that it would have to be dumbed down by quite a lot. It would probably be very hard to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.