Pistol Fire Rate

What RPM (Rounds Per Minute) should pistols generally have?

• 250 [~4 per second]

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • 300 (current) [5 per second]

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 350 [~6 per second]

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • 400 [~6.5 per second]

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Right now you are able to fire as fast in semiautomatic as you can in fully automatic or burst fire for the guns that allow it. Which for some guns such as the MAC-11 means (approximately) 1000+ rounds per minute (>15 rounds a second) which clearly you can't realistically click that fast but theoretically you could. However some automatics on the other end of the rounds per minute scale such as the AK47 fire at about 650 rounds per minute or nearly 11 rounds per second.

Now consider the fact that for pistols we limit the rounds per minute to much less, typically right at 300 rounds per minute. That still means you can shoot 5 bullets a second if you time your clicks exactly. But because this sometimes means you can't possibly get enough rounds down range in a hurry you can't effectively suppress or take down a target. The problem that may follow any change to this however is that pistols may be more effective than some rifles. Which all leads to the question...

Should pistol's be allowed to shoot somewhat faster?

Reaction score
Easy answer: Don't have the same RPM for all pistols. The Deagle for example should have a slower firerate, while guns like the Beretta wouldn't have any problems firing a bit faster.

Thanks to recoil, I don't think giving a faster fire rate to pistols will do too much. I do however believe it is currently a bit slow for weapons like the Beretta and Glock.

I wouldn't mind if it stays the way it is, but I think the changed should be done induvidually, and not giving all the same numbers.

Reaction score
Occasionly they feel slow, sluggish and unresponsive when trying to put some rounds down. I'm not sure if this is to do with the firing rate but if it is I would definitely agree with increasing the firing rate.