PLPD | Currently proposed changes

Sam

Reaction score
If I could rate, I would. #BringBackPDRatings

IMO, Command Teams should not be a part of shaping a high-level plan for the future of the PD. Command Teams have every day of every week to bring up suggestions to their commanding officers. I'm sure they will be able to give input, but then again they can't complain that they don't get the chance to change their divisions, if they have a suggestion, they can send it to SMT as easy is that.

Reaction score
@Samuel what's there to say no to? RTU has always been a division which everyone joins once they get officer. If you ask every command member, apart from me, peach and BigBenji, why they are in traffic, I can guarantee its for the cars.

Reaction score
@Samuel rtu may aswell, be their own Police force. They respond to every call out there is, yet should prioritise traffic incidents.

The gearing up and down allows officers to choose what they wish, and also limits the amount of rtu on the streets.

I don't want rtu to die, but it does need to calm down a bit. In TS yesterday, some rtu officers said they needed more cars. I'm not opposed to the idea of maybe giving the traffic sergeants the rifle carbine, but limit it to 1-2 for them, meaning it's still used, and maybe bringing in the armoury change for them as well.

Reaction score
I agree with Samuel on this one. It’s not up to the Command team to plan for large PD wide reforms and updates, whether they involve their division or not. Command teams should be focusing on their division, and working on ways to improve quality, and other issues that may arise. An example I will use is me and Mimballs crack down on traffic officers (which is still in effect). If Command teams have suggestion they should work with their line manager in order to have these brought up at a SMT meeting.

Sam

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson I never said they shouldn't gear up. Or that it's not the right way to go. I just said that your statement was false, RTU was not meant to be a division you geared up for. The original idea was that you choose between Patrol or RTU, like it is now.

Reaction score
@Samuel yes, but looks what's happened with that, patrol gas become somewhat of a desolate division in terms of corporals, sergeants and seniors.

Sam

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson I am not saying it was the best way to do it, I am just saying that is how it was meant to be from the start.
My opinions of how the PD should work are pretty much outlined in the plan Tiny, Momo and I made. Or the post I made a while back.

Reaction score
@nutrient10 the reason why I felt that maybe the traffic sergeants should have the carbine as well, but limit it, maybe give traffic corporals the shotgun aswell, but limit that aswell.

I feel a although, anything to do with traffic becoming secondary should wait till V5. But hey ho, depends how development goes.

Maybe it was wrong of me to assume that most command are in it for the cars, but most people are.
Most cars in the pd have become obselete, I hardly see the Crown Vic or the old SRT-8 being used.

Reaction score
If the matter concerns their division they should be given notice prior to implementation, they should also be encouraged to give counsel as they are the ones coordinating that division. If a material change is to be made to their division, they are the best people to ask how well received the proposed change would be.

Certain matters don't need consultations e.g. policy changes which are likely to be unpopular but are necessary for the good working of the department, at that stage they should be consulted, not to give input, but to prepare for the change in strategy.

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson
Traffic Officers should prioritise traffic incidents, the only issue with this is the fact that there's barely any traffic incidents to respond to most of the time and there's situations where more officers are required which are much more important than traffic situations. Whenever I get a pursuit and there's some random fight going on I always prioritise the pursuit unless I witness the fight myself and let patrol deal with it, other traffic officers should be doing this but it doesn't mean that they shouldn't respond to general policing incidents either otherwise they become useless in anything other than traffic incidents and we don't want that. In the case of a life threatening situation (shootout, hostage situation, etc), that's the main priority for me regardless if there's a Bugatti speeding down the highway at 130 mph.