• partly

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Not really

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey there. Recently I've seen a lot of people pursuing and detaining people with excessive force eg. gunpointing a poor unarmed man with no relation to the situation which was in fact quite far away. Anyway here it is. Take your time to read through and understand it. Feel free to ask questions.

Pursuing on foot
When pursuing a man on foot it is very easy to use excessive force without a reason. Many thinks it's okay to go directly to baton to restrain a suspect. This is NOT the case. You should only use your baton if you are in danger eg. being hit with fists. It is, however good to pursue him and use your handcuffs on him. Ninjacuffing is not a thing when pursuing a guy in non-sprint. You'd easily be able to grab his arm and force him against the ground or a wall. Pursuing a guy in spring can be tricky but again, using your baton will be excessive unless he continues to run away. If you feel that he definetly resists and he has no intention to cooperate at all, your baton will be a proper use of force. Again, remember, if you are close enough to handcuff him, you're close enough to tackle him.

Is the suspect however starting to pose a direct threat to members of the public or the paralake emergency services life, your gun may be needed. Be aware that you should NEVER draw your firearm unless you are certain in your case. Is the suspect starting to hurt people with a knife, machette etc. he is posing a lethal direct threat. In this case, your choice should be to gunpoint the man and make him surrender. NEVER draw and shoot instantly. Is he continuing to hirt members of the public, you may fire. A Good idea is to fire a warning shot at first. Shooting at him is always your last option.

Is the suspect carrying a gun on him, he's posing a non-drect threat to the public unless he draws it. If he has not drawn his firearm, you should firstly see if the man will cooperate. Will he not, you may be needed to use your firearm. A Man with a gun can be dangerous to pursue with a baton. Again, you should NOT fire your firearm if he surrender. Does the man however draw his gun, your life is in immediate danger. Is he aiming towards you or another member of the public, you may be needed to shoot to defend your own life. Is he aiming somewhere else like in to a door, you should gunpoint him and call out that he should get on the ground and for everything in the world, NOT look at you.

Pursuing in vehicles
Now this is my favorite. In a vehicle it is not as easy to use excessive force but it's very possible to do in the start of a pursuit. Starting off with the reason of the pursuit. Is he a high risk driver with weapons or a casual escapist without weapons? You should not perform any maneuvers on the driver if you have not gotten permission by a supervisor if any is on duty. If not it is your choice, but bear in mind, whatever happens is your responsibility. It is also crucial in all vehicle pursuits that you have great communication to communicate fast and clear so your call won't go "Errrrrh he's going from subs to errrrrrrh businessssss" Which is way too long. Communicate and make sure others know where it is and where to put up roadblocks. Updates of the vehicle ALWAYS have priority on the radio

Is he armed or has he killed someone before or in the pursuit, it could be VERY dangerous to pursue him alone and traffic officers should NEVER try to pull him over at any time unless there is cops to defend him
(I Learned that the hard way). Using roadspikes may help in this situation but to be fair, you need to be very careful. If his tires get popped and he gets out, he could very easily shoot you. Therefore, always have your car nearby to get in cover behind.
If you are still driving on the highway, it's smart to always have at least 2 squad cars pursuing him. If he crashes on the highway, try to block off their doors until another officer is ready with their gun. Try to limit their escape routes like boxing them in. I Illustrated a situation in the pic below with my MLG paint skills.
uGxTgAB.png

In this case, the suspect cannot get out. This way, the officer in the car behind can pull the hand brake, get out and get his gun ready so the suspect won't resist.

Are you still on the highway, it's a good idea to try to crash him with pit maneuvers and then do the trick on the picture. In case someone doesn't know what a pit maneuver is, it's illustrated and explained in the spoiler below.

16ygoi9.png

In a pit maneuver, you'll try to get to the back of the escaping persons vehicle. Now, with your fron bumper, you'll hit his back tyre and that should cause the driver to lose control. It may take many attempts before you can do it properly, since you can't do it too far to the middle, nor too far out back. That'll cause you to just push him which will not work or slip with your bumper and you'll end up crashing or obstructing the road for other officers to continue the pursuit.

Is he not armed? Well worry not. He is still an escaping suspect in a vehicle and could cause harm to citizens. In this case you shouldn't use very dangerous maneuvers like crashing him. A Very clever trick to be used on non-dangerous fleeing suspects is to box them in between their front and back. That way they will not be able to drive anymore and you can continue arresting him. I call this maneuver the.. Well... Box-him-in maneuver or the BHI-Maneuver. This is how you'll end up:
aGjKVv8.png

Basically what you'll do is have one car overtake him or just drive in front of him. They'll be driving DIRECTLY in front of him. Meanwhile, you'll be right behind him. The front friver will then slow downwhich will cause the fleeing car to do the same. This will continue until the cars are brought to a complete stop. Police can then pull their brakes and get the suspect detained.

Now a good way to take down non-dangerous suspects is to use roadspikes and roadblocks. However there is a few things you should know. Placing spikes down and waiting for him at the highway is simply NOT OKAY. A Simple sunday driver could be passing by and getting his tires popped. You wait for the suspect to be in view and THEN place the roadspikes.

Roadblocks are very effective against pretty much all cars but should be placed cautiously. Placing a roadblock on the highway in 80mph zones are not okay. A Civilian could slam into it since some cars breakes aren't that good at 80mph. Good places to place roadblocks are at the Parker tunnel end towards suburbs. There's a cheeky little wall that prevents him from driving around and since the parker tunnel is a 55mph zone and the corner right after is 55mph too, there's no danger to people following the law. Another good place would be the Highway bridge or business zone. These are both very low speed zones where civilian accidents can easily be avoided. Now lets say you've found your spot at the parker tunnel. Be tactical of your placement. Placing them in the tunnel will just make him see it and avoid it like here.
P4mMXFu.png

Stupid placement, weren't it?

Place yourself further down the cheeky wall. He'll have much shorter time to react since you're out of view for longer. This is an example of a good placement.
7WnQ9ti.png

At this time it's too late to turn around. He may aswell stop.

Now this is very effective to be used since you obviously placed cones to warn civilians driving at normal speed. Notice that the escaping vehicle won't mannage to react to the cones in time. Civilians exiting an 66mph zone will be alerted. Demonstrated below.
F09bZvx.png

At this time, he's already done. Spikes will be put down as soon as he is spotted and he'll have to either brake and stop to turn around or drive through your roadblock. This will get his tires popped and his car damaged a lot. Notice that rule 3.15 and 3.19 prevents him from just driving off casually when his vehicle has been heavily damaged (eg. via a roadblock or crash)

This last one with roadblock could also be used on high rish suspects but it is recommended to always stay in cover behind your cars so you're sure to not get nailed by @Feng Yamaguchi's AK (even tho he'll nail you anyway prob.)

3.3 Realistic Actions
All actions a player makes must be done as realistically as possible, especially during combat; for example, when jumping up-to, or down-from somewhere, it must be done so slowly, carefully, and without resulting in injury to the player.

3.4 Putting your Life at Risk
Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons.

This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically;

A common example of an unreasonable risk would be for a player to murder a Police Officer in order to avoid receiving a traffic ticket. The risk involved with the murder of a Police Officer is typically grossly disproportionate to the benefit of avoiding a traffic ticket. Another example would be for a player to walk on the highway without a justifiable reason.

3.15 Vehicle Damage
Players are not allowed to take action that is likely to lead to the damaging of their vehicle (except speeding within reason), or a vehicle belong to a friend unless they have a good/reasonable reason for doing so; for example, driving off-road on uneven terrain or intentionally driving into sides of buildings without good/reasonable

reason is not allowed. For a reason to be deemed as good/reasonable, the benefit of committing such actions must outweigh the drawbacks.

3.19 Evading arrest
When Players are evading arrest, they must do so realistically, for example if a player evades arrest by initiating a police pursuit they must demonstrate to an Administrator that he had a reasonable chance of escaping. Players may not use the monorail if they are being directly pursued by the Police.

3.2 Use of Force
Law enforcement officers may use any amount of force in the execution of their duties provided that it is reasonable and justifiable.

6.9 Failure to stop for a Law Enforcement Officer
Fleeing or attempting to elude a pursuing LEO commits an offence.

Section 12: Road Offences
overall this section is important when judging their punishment.

Anyway thanks for reading this guide. I Hope it's useful for y'all. If you wish anything added to this, let me know and I'll look in to it. Thanks to @Rogue Car Tyres for learning me a bit about this.

I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes. It's 6:30 in the morning and I haven't been able to sleep cause of allergic reactions. Feel free to correct me.

@LordTyla you've met your maker in paint skillz m8 :booty:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well this is something new to be starting there never quiet thought about this well ive used this some of the times but this infomation is not that bad at all to be hornest i think you did well writing this so if you can you should update this post now and then because this is some great info right here :)

anyways i do must admit its hard to follow these things now and then its just stress full as F*ck but ho cares i mean you have to do the job and you need to do it the right way

Reaction score
This is cool and all, I like what you've done. I just have on problem the "BoxHimIn manouver" is a big no no for most agencies do to cross fire. Cross fire is when you're aiming towards a suspect with your gun but your partner/a citizen could be right behind him which if you miss your shots your bullets will likely the the target behind the suspect. The spelling is a little off here but it looks good. Maybe something we can make for an academy video.

Status
Not open for further replies.