Jail time guide (Cops only).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So recently I've been seeing as a Lieutenant that peoples been putting the suspects in jail for a random and sometimes ridiculous amount of time in jail, for example seven years for a simple trespass. I am making this guide in-hope to make the cops understand that every criminal action should have it's appropriate jail time. This guide will be split in three parts which each consists of what type of action should be done against a criminal and so on. It will also include the jail time that is to be put in with the suspect.

I. Trying to solve the situation with the criminal before using lethal force.

As a officer, when being called-in you will often be insulted and hated, called a pig and so on. When for example being called in at a appartment, which happens often when rping as a cop you will try and solve the situation with the suspect(s) before using lethal force (raiding the property.) This is how it should go :

• Try to talk with the suspect, make sure he is calm and if he is being rude, just ignore that and you must at all time be 'cool'. Meaning no shootings in the head when he is being rude, only when it is needed (the suspect is responding with lethal force.)
  • Ask the suspect his side of the story, and ask if he has any witnesses to add in. Be careful, the witnesses tend to be his friends that were not present at the crime scene but that often just lie in-hope to protect him. That is why you must ask the peoples that live around, and not directly the ones that live with the possible suspect.
  • If you see the suspect is co-operating and for example you've been called here to raid the house, try asking him nicely to perform a search for anything illegal, if the suspect is refusing that might be the cause of him trying to preserve his illegal substances, and at that time you are fully-allowed to use any means necessary to break into the home, as the suspect isn't co-operating.
  • And finally.. if all of the above fails, call-in for S.W.A.T and the Lieutenant to let them perform their duties, and break into the house. (Always have your gun up when entering a house, it will save your life!)
II. Jail time and solving the situation with the suspect(s)

Let's say you succesfully raided a property. You are carrying two suspects that were found guilty of growing illegal substances and that are familiar to you (They had previously been involved into numerous criminal activities) and were trying to blow the S.W.A.T up using M3 benelli shotguns. Here is a list of all the possible crimes that can happen in this city, and the years of jail the suspect should be facing when performing one of these activities.

2 years of jail -
- Trespass in the PD (This time being in the actual PD, near the jail or so.)
- Spitting on a officer's face, then insulting him and threatening him.
- Direct racism to a citizen.
- Being rude and disrespectful to a citizen.
- Refusing to leave a property, insulting a officer on duty.

3 years of jail -
- Convicted of being drunk while driving, putting his own life at risk aswell as the other's (this one might be against rules, remove if needed.)
- Being in a police chase and refusing to stop.
- Assaulting a citizen with a baseball bat, trying to knock him out.

4 years of jail -
- Convicted of raping a victim. [261.]
- Having sexual activities in the public that disturbs the local police force.
- Threatening the S.W.A.T team with carbombs and deaththreats mainly.

5 years of jail -
- HVT (Hight Valued Target) Multiple reports of him threatening/murdering citizens or police men.
- Being in a police chase and refusing to give up, while making threats and driving off, almost killing himself off using the vehicle.
- Running over a citizen intentionally.
- Organizing a riot in-front of the police department, using molotovs to try and burn it down.

6 years of jail -
- Illegal substances found on the suspect.
- Carrying illegal weaponry in public, reported by multiple citizens and threatening the cops with it.
- Lockpicking a citizen's vehicle, or trying to steal it.

7 years of jail -
- Reported/Convicted of mugging a victim multiple times, leaving her/him in the forest.
- Taking a citizen/policeman as a hostage.

8 years of jail -
- Going on a murdering spree, for ex. Raiding a property, killing everyone inside it (Reported by multiple witnesses of course.) Running off, being prosecuted and finally stopping before attempting to murder the police officers.

9 years of jail -
- Murdering a member of the S.W.A.T team.
- Highly dangerous, considered a living psychopath.
- Robbing the bank with heavy weaponry.
- Threatening the mayor's life, aswell as trying to kill him (Being suspicious, following him around.)

10 years (the most you can get, and the worst crimes.) of jail -
- Killing the mayor.
- Bombing the S.W.A.T vehicle.
- Assaulting the police department with heavy weaponry.
- Raping a victim, mugging him/her and then killing him/her off, leaving it's body to rot in the forest.
- RPly bombing a vehicle of a police officer.
- Carrying heavy weaponry, a sniper rifle for ex. and attempting to 'avenge' a member of his family/friend by killing a random bunch of police officers, for what seems to be a crime.

I hope yer like this guide, i made dis for youh guis.

EDIT : If you are convicted of multiple crimes, and had a criminal record you might get a jail time increase depending if you really fucked up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not a bad guide, but one thing you need to remember is that a person can be convicted of multiple crimes, so they could easily add up to the 10 minutes based on all of the ones committed. You aren't just put into jail for just a single one of the reasons listed.

Deleted member 5920

You put me in jail for 10 years for stealing a car.

Reaction score
Well sexual activity in public, for example underpass WC is against the rules i believe. I guess that could be removed as it cannot -be put in a public setting- as said in 2.8

Reaction score
Haven't played in a while so I may be wrong but I don't believe there are options for all 10 minutes, so they will have to be rounded up into groups. You should also have a go at adding a ticket section.

Reaction score
Funny enough stealing a car is worser than making a riot... There should be max 3 years for stealing a car. Also once, When prank calling the mayor and stuff pretty funny, I got 8 years for doing, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.