Police Suggestion Police computer minimal viewing mode

Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Implement a "Minimal Viewing Mode" for the Police Computer that only shows you active/assigned incidents+the 3 green buttons on the right side of your screen without having to open a large menu all the time that would distract you from driving. Makes assigning easier and is just overall a QOL update, would hopefully encourage assigning incidents to your own Unit more when there is no Dispatcher on duty.

When Minimal Viewing Mode is enabled, pressing F3 should become a "Hold down to activate" option. The menu comes out from the right side and your mouse becomes enabled, once you let go of F3 the menu disappears to the right side of your screen again. There is a button you can select to toggle this sort of viewing mode, I just put it under the Quick Incident Button but would maybe fit more on the bottom of the menu.

This mode would be particularly useful for Firefighters and Paramedics who do not make use of such large screen space on the left that is reserved for use for Officers, though this would also benefit Officers if they don't run ANPRs (or similar) that often.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Small QOL update that improves workflow of assigning or closing incidents, more useful when there is no Dispatcher on duty.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: None I can hopefully see, maybe more road accidents if you focus on the Police Computer instead (Although this reduces the number of traffic accidents as far as I see it, instead of seeing a big window that obstructs your screen)

Other additions: By @✪ lencz : Add a small overview of the Dispatchers Map on the space below the menu. Automatically zoom in to the general area of the incident to get a quick view of where the incident is located once you press on said incident. This would be especially useful for quickly locating life alerts and fires.

xIbTg0a.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel like an image of the last/assigned incident's location (like in the dispatch map, but quicker to access), shown in the empty space below the incidents on your image, would be a nice addition to this. This would be helpful in situations when you, as a cop/medic/firefighter are responding quickly to a life alert, but the location is too general (Business Street) or Unknown (in forest for example)

Reaction score
I feel like an image of the last/assigned incident's location (like in the dispatch map, but quicker to access), shown in the empty space below the incidents on your image, would be a nice addition to this. This would be helpful in situations when you, as a cop/medic/firefighter are responding quickly to a life alert, but the location is too general (Business Street) or Unknown (in forest for example)
That would be amazing, not sure why I didn't think of that. I'll add that to the suggestion to show us a small preview of the dispatch map, automatically zooming in to the location of the incident which is, again, very useful for Firefighters and Medics to get the exact location.

Reaction score
I like the idea and all but I feel like it will lead officers to using this more than over the regular computer alternatively leading to less officers checking Warrants DNA Ect
Most officers commonly check for warrants they can execute, as well as look for any DNA anyone has that hasn't been turned into a warrant yet. I wouldn't see myself using the PC any less with this feature.

Reaction score
I like the idea and all but I feel like it will lead officers to using this more than over the regular computer alternatively leading to less officers checking Warrants DNA Ect
I always check warrants whenever I go on duty so this wouldn't change anything for me. If people mention DNA or warrants then ofc I will check them using the full menu whenever the need arises.