Police Department Reform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have some worries about this whole thing, on one side I get where you coming from and I'm guessing you want it to be more fair for the community as a whole to be a part of the PLPD
with he changes and I'm all for that, sounds really good, but there is a keyword:

"For no person/s to have unreasonable amount of control within the community", and still former staff members like Jordan and Sam who just got their ranks back from being absent will get reinstated just in time for the new CoD or DCoD to be decided. Is it really an even race for everyone to apply or is it already decided so the future control of the PD will stay within "your" control?
Based on Jordan's post about the new recruitments for CoD he was a SO, and same evening he got CPL. I'm not saying that nothing weird about that, he probably applied for it like everyone else but if I see him become DCoD or CoD within a week from being senior when he have some amazing Captains+ in the PLPD then we know it's all set up from the start. Both Sam and Jordan have been developing and done a lot for the PD but this doesn't mean they are entitled for the position because of that. Sam has been forcing his way in and out of the PD for months and left his position as CoD after a month earlier this year. I really think that someone who gets the CoD position and Deputy must be a firm point within the PD, that really cares about the community and the wellbeing of the people in it. A democratic vote is not something they will do based on this post, but rather that the former CoD/DCoD will find someone who have the time and will to make PLPD better through their ideas fairness and work ethics.

What will happen to PLPD online v2 now that McGlinchy is gone?

Sam

Reaction score
@Ellie
Sam has been forcing his way in and out of the PD for months and left his position as CoD after a month earlier this year.
You are very misinformed. I would highly suggest basing your opinions on facts rather than whatever this is. I've never forced my way in or out of the PD. If we take last time I was DCoD for example. I talked in length with McGlinchy about changes I think should be done in the PD. I also criticized him, Collier, and Momo for letting the PD become stale. After long talks with both McGlinchy and owners, the solution forward was to temporarily give me DCoD to implement change, and then I would leave. It was never a permanent position, as the post said...
Now, yes I left the position without making much change. And there is a good reason for this. Seeing you are more or less attacking me I'm going to tell you how it was.
During this time I was taken to the hospital by ambulance after a suicide attempt, I spent more than a week in the hospital, and shortly after I got out, I had to go in again. So as a reasonable person, I resigned as I did not want to hold a position I was not able to focus on at the moment. I've for years said that I think you should resign if you don't have the time or will. So I followed my own advice. Shortly after this, I wanted to get back into the game and help the PD develop, and also finish the new website. But unfortunately, a former community member felt it was necessary to tell a current community member a lot of private things about me, like deep shit private things. So I felt like I was forced out as I could not risk this unreliable person leaking stuff. I'm now back, as I've been assured this person will never return, additionally I feel much better mentally now. Despite this, I have always been here to offer advice. And I've always had an active presence within the development of the new website, that I started...

Again, please don't accuse me of forcing myself into anything... I do not appreciate unfounded allegations. If I wanted to force myself into the PD I would not talk to the current CoD...

and still former staff members like Jordan and Sam who just got their ranks back from being absent will get reinstated
I think it would be more proper to call me former CoD. I have not been staff for years... and I can get reinstated whenever I want, as per the reinstatement matrix. I submitted a ticket like everyone else. I can not comment on Jordan so you have to ask him, but I would guess he applied or submitted a ticket.

And this change is definitely needed. I do not want to attack anyone, as change is happening. But as I have been saying for months to Fredy, Tiny, Ethan, and Tyla, the PD is stale. McGlinchy is spending a lot of time on the new website which is keeping him busy, while Collier does not seem to push the PD forward.

but rather that the former CoD/DCoD will find someone who have the time and will to make PLPD better through their ideas fairness and work ethics.
In theory, this is great. It's in part what we have done before, but that should only happen when CoDs retire, and not when Community Managers decide it's time for change.

Reaction score
I'm not attacking you, I'm just voicing my opinion and asked questions about it. I don't know the whole reinstatement matrix when it comes to a civilian playing the game but then get whatever rank he wants when he is on doesn't seen fair to me, so of course I'm gonna question it if I don't understand it so I can learn, right?

I'm sorry that happened to you, and I get why you left now and I didn't know about this part because it's personal you could have msg me in private about this but I totally understand your side now, and for that, I'm sorry. This post wasn't to bash on you personally but only what me, as a community member have seen and taking in these last couple of months. And single out Collier and McGlinchy as not being a part of making the PD better dosen't sound right either. All of you have developed and change the PD for the better, but now then they're on their way out, no need to bash them for not doing anything when Collier got elected for people who thought he did a good job and McGlinchy got appointed my Fredy for doing, again, a good job.

So now it should be up for them to appoint new chiefs that would benefit the PD :)

Sam

Reaction score
You are attacking me, you are claiming I'm forcing myself in and out of the PD. You were not in the community at that point, so who is saying these things? McGlinchy literally wanted me to take a position to help change the PD. I'm pretty offended that someone is going around saying I am forcing myself into places, as it's absurd, and has no basis to it. Read this https://perpheads.com/threads/deputy-chief-of-department-appointment.45359/

I could have sent you a DM yes, but there would be two issues with that imo. 1) There is a chance you would not have read it anytime soon, which then would not have given you the proper facts, 2) anyone reading this thread would not get the context of your beliefs of what I've done to get my ranks, and what happened when I left.

No one is singling out Collier or McGlinchy. But the topic on the agenda is replacements of CoDs, as big people clearly were not happy, otherwise, this would not happen. But at the same time, it's important to be open and truthful about the PD. Everyone wants to know everything, so it's important to get all facts out there, is it not?
The facts are clear. The PD has been standing still for some time. There have been many things in need of change. And as I wrote above, I do understand that McGlinchy has been busy with the new website, and that is fair as there is a lack of good web developers. But I feel honesty is key, it should always be key. Otherwise, people can not give a proper opinion on situations and facts.
And that the facts are, yes Collier got elected, then he got demoted after both me, and CodeMonkey told Fredy to replace Collier with McGlinchy as Collier was very inactive, and did not push for change. And to this day, I credit @McGlinchy for keeping the PD running! He was a savior. If he had not been put as CoD, who knows how the PD would run now. At that time it was very hard to find good command members, but @McGlinchy made it work. What I have criticized tho is the recent months. Not much has happened. And it's not like there are not ideas for change, I left a bunch when I left last time. Just look, days within @Tyla Jai s appointment he made changes, got PS to open a survey etc... things that should have been done before.

Again, I would love to know who is saying I am forcing myself into places? Either here or in DM is fine. Cuz that's bullshit, and such a rude thing for someone to spread about me.

Reaction score
Yeah I would hate to have someone talk shit about me behind my back and start rumours about me instead of addressing issues to my face

Sam

Reaction score
@Collier I'm sure you would. And by this tone I would guess you have a situation in mind? Maybe better to bring that up with me here, in DM or in ts?

Sam

Reaction score
@Collier You brought it up, so clearly not.
I have never spoken shit about your back, and I've never started rumors. The few times I've spoken about you in a conversation without you being there, then I have spoken facts and only facts. And I have no issue talking to you about issues, if I find that it's needed.

So instead of sitting here, and from what I guess is you saying I've done above, then please inform me. Cuz I have no idea.

Sam

Reaction score
For anyone reading.... and wondering why it stopped. Me and Collier talked on ts and pretty much sorted this out :)

Reaction score
@The HitMan

I would like to know why the chiefs are getting reselected, we seem to keep changing who's in charge of the pd each month. Why is it being done? Community feedback? Pd is fine as it stands and functional as well.

Before Tyla's appointment, there had not been any major change apart from Samuel who then resigned due to personal circumstances that he has outlined already in this thread. In the recent survey, not many people agree with the fact that the PD is fine as it stands, with 60% voting for three or lower, in comparison with other areas of the community this is extremely out of proportion.

@Ellie

"For no person/s to have unreasonable amount of control within the community", and still former staff members like Jordan and Sam who just got their ranks back from being absent will get reinstated just in time for the new CoD or DCoD to be decided. Is it really an even race for everyone to apply or is it already decided so the future control of the PD will stay within "your" control?
Based on Jordan's post about the new recruitments for CoD he was a SO, and same evening he got CPL. I'm not saying that nothing weird about that, he probably applied for it like everyone else but if I see him become DCoD or CoD within a week from being senior when he have some amazing Captains+ in the PLPD then we know it's all set up from the start. Both Sam and Jordan have been developing and done a lot for the PD but this doesn't mean they are entitled for the position because of that. Sam has been forcing his way in and out of the PD for months and left his position as CoD after a month earlier this year. I really think that someone who gets the CoD position and Deputy must be a firm point within the PD, that really cares about the community and the wellbeing of the people in it. A democratic vote is not something they will do based on this post, but rather that the former CoD/DCoD will find someone who have the time and will to make PLPD better through their ideas fairness and work ethics.

There is nothing decided about who is going to become Chief as all applications have not been submitted, let alone reviewed. Obviously, we have written up a list of people we would consider more seriously, this is simply due to the expected large influx of applications. The whole point of this is so that the Police Department is not within anyone's control but rather a separate entity with accountability.

There is also not a decision on whether there will be a democratic process or not, given that previously it actually held very little say in the final decision of who actually got the role, I'd say at this time, likely no. However, this is not set in stone.

Jordan received CPL in line with the reinstatement policy within the Police Department according to Tyla, he also made that announcement as he is in People Services, which is literally his job description. He was supposed to make an announcement in line with his job.

What will happen to PLPD online v2 now that McGlinchy is gone?

I do not know, that is the decision for new chiefs/code boys.

Any other questions from anyone I am more than happy to answer and be transparent, as most people know I have always tried my best to be transparent. So please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Reaction score
@Efan
What factors will be taken into account when choosing the next chief and deputy chief?

It'd be nice to make sure that an active person is chosen rather than someone who has, perhaps, just come off LOA's and haven't been very active.

Reaction score
I see it as a welcome change if it will be an equal competition for all applicants; I get that some people will be earmarked for the role, but this is typical of any high-ranking post that is vacant in the real world as well. I think for the panel reviewing applicants the most important considerations are: what ideas and systems of change are they bringing to the table ready to be actioned upon; how active are they currently and will be once in-post; and as Benji alluded to here and in his own separate thread what they will do with the state of play of ranks and accessibility.

I am not particularly bothered by who is appointed so long as they satisfy the above, and wish all applicants the best of luck. I think it is even better that individuals with already high posts in the community have been excluded. Not necessarily for 'power balance' reasons but more so allowing them more time to dedicate to their role and responsibilities rather than splitting it.

Reaction score
i asked if i could be reinstated, got senior officer and then applied for corporal :/ i've been SO for over a month. i dont want to be chief and im not applying. I think your post is a bit unfair and a lot of assumptions made.

Status
Not open for further replies.