Police Department Reform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
style-logo.png

Hello,

Senior Management, Community Management and the Owners have decided the Police Department needs reform in how it is structured and the power balance within the Community. Upon the creation of this post, applications have opened for a new Chief of Department and Deputy Chief of Department. Upon the appointment of this role, the current Chiefs will resign and allow the new Chiefs to take over. You can apply on plpd.online, alternatively click here. Applications will close in one week, or the 30th of August.

This change has multiple goals:

For no person/s to have an unreasonable amount of control within the community. Think of this change as the Police Department Chiefs becoming another senior team within the Community.
Make communication amongst major parts of the community much easier.
Accountability to the community, something which has long been a flaw of the Police Department. The new chiefs

We would like to thank the current Chiefs for all they have done for the Community and we look forward to what the future has to bring.

More information will come at a later date, any questions ask below.

Reaction score
The question for the PD to consider now is do we want the PD to become as in depth as it once was despite the simplification of the PD being solely at the en masse request of the majority of the community? Do we want to keep perp as a varied RP experience or delegate the PD as the primary method of playing perp like it used to be to plenty of people? Whoever gets chief better decide this before applying and whatever they choose, they better make the right choice in doing so.

I advise anyone who wants to apply for this position solely to put themselves at a high rank to not apply and go do something else.

also, staff team reform when?

Reaction score
It's, obviously, upsetting to see all 3 chiefs leave their positions.

Fingers crossed this will help boost the PD forward further than it had been ever.

Side note: what happened to the community voting on the next chief of department? As voted by the community during the last election where @Collier was elected.
It'd be nice to see this being used for the remaining applicants on the 3rd stage. Would this be something you would consider?

Reaction score
During the last election, all candidates were put up on the paralake motion site and voted on. It was great for RP as well as some candidates like collier set up massive areas like rallies and cafes etc.

Reaction score
Our last election was almost entirely unanimous. I jokingly brag about coming second (which I did) but I got 12 votes whilst @Collier got like 80 odd something or some other fuckoff number like that. As demonstrated by certain law suggestions being voted out on ParalakeCity's website, Support (often fake) on certain troll staff applications, and our wonderful Paralake City council, The communities decision on matters isn't always the best.

The process of democracy when the outcome could be negatively impacted by people with literally nothing to lose if things go wrong is unnecessary and calls for trouble. There's a major difference between a business or government election IRL, which should be handled through democracy, and a garrys mod community where at least half of the people in position to vote could give less of a real shit about the outcome, some even seizing this opportunity to plot against the servers integrity itself.

I felt as though a community elections were all nice ideas until we tried a few and it became clear what the "Community" wants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.