amr

Reaction score
Topic: Police Item Checker

Short explanation (in notes):
-Police will be able to check people
-Will help police check criminals if no staff were on
-Reduce amount of people lying that they don't have any illegal items

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Police Item Checker is a tool much like the Admin checker tool is for checking what items players have. Why should this be added? Because a lot of people keep on lying and saying they don't have anything and they really do and no staff members are on. Some people would say why don't you report them? Well what if they are not really lying no one will know but of the police items checker was there they will be able to prove that. Now if the player refuses to drop then you should report him on the forums or when an Admin comes on give him the proof. Some people will say that this will be abused, my answer is yes no matter were we go there will be rule breakers that why If this is added I will also make a rule request that the cops should do this:
  • First they must have a suspect that is charged with murder, kidnapping, bank robbery, Grand theft auto, etc in the pd interrogation room you may check them in the crime scene under LT orders if he does check at the scene with no order you may report him.
  • You MUST use /me before checking anyone. If he does not use the /me command he is reportable.
  • Refusal to drop is reportable.
  • Abuse of this tool is Bannable

Optional additions:
-New police tool

Reaction score
+Support

We really need this, it will allow admins to do other important things instead of coming to police station to check players items.

Reaction score
I simply searched "search" and "search tool" in the Search bar in the top right and found these threads:

This one I replied to myself and lifted several arguments in one post:
https://perpheads.com/threads/police-search-tool.5576/#post-47949

This one is recent and MattIsMadForCod explains how the staff team feel about the reports where people ask us to check others for illegal items etc.
https://perpheads.com/threads/inspect-invetorys.6144/

Another one about a search tool for peoples car trunks:
https://perpheads.com/threads/police-car-searching.4780/#post-42608

I see that your version of this suggestion is a bit more detailed than these above but would it not be easier to add onto the discussion in one of the already existing threads than creating a completely new one.

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not really sure about this. Mainly because what's to stop cops abusing it and checking people they see for illegal items then when they find something Illegal they stop the person and arrest them? Also would people know they're being searched? or would It be like the gawd stick where it just pastes in console and you can refer to it? Maybe instead of having a tool have something inside the PD a little bit like the metal detector and when someone has something "illegal" on them it makes a sound or beeps therefore if the person refuses to drop his stuff, you'll have a demo and can report it to an admin.

Neutral atm

amr

Reaction score
Now for everyone that said this could be abused as I said above if it is accepted i will request a rule to be added to follow it. I did think at the start to put metal detectors in the PD but it would only look for metal an not drugs and also anything that is metal.

MattIs

Thread Closed
  • Closing due to the suggestion already being made 3 times, 1 is still open if you wish to support it, however I doubt it will be added, rules won't stop lazy people and I garauntee if you just ask for a check in report you'll get an admin in seconds :)

Reactions: M
Status
Not open for further replies.