Police Scanner Craftable Item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Police Scanner that can be crafted.

Short explanation (in notes):
- A craftable police scanner that could be crafted by players to listen in on the police radio.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

I think that this should be added as it would be interesting to know if your base was getting raided, it could be another high level craftable item so that it is not too easy to get your hands on. It would also be of benefit so that your gang would know if the police were coming to raid your base or not. This could be nurfed by making it crackle so that the sound wasn't very clear but you could just barely make out what they were saying. This would therefore have to be quite a highly praised item otherwise I think it would be just too OP.

The scanner could also have a range of around 1 area in the map e.g. you could only hear police talking on the radio in subs if you were in Subs 1 for example. This would therefore make the police more likely to group up at the PD to talk and not form a raid squad over the radios. You could therefore leave it on in your house and when the cops are talking over the raidio you could go and listen to see if they were reporting on your base.

I understand that this may have some floors but I was just throwing around an idea to maybe form some other ideas off of this idea.

Cheers,
The Undertaker

Reaction score
Again, as if the criminals dont overpower already. Listening in to their tactics in a bank robbery where every cop is would be really OP. Just no. I have my doubts if this will be even close to accepted.
-Support.

Deleted member 1235

This would give a completely unfair advantage to criminals. They have org chat for a reason, as do the police. It would be unrealistic for the police to listen in to the org chat and police scanners (at least in the UK) aren't as popular as you may think. They were around in the 80's/90's where there was not much security in terms of police radio.

-Support, mainly with what frank has said.

Reaction score
I'm sorry but we're not all spidermen with our own radio scanner to see what the cops say. It would ruin more RP than it would create. It's already hard as a cop to make some good tactics to raid a place, and when there are these scanners, it would basically be like a small 'wallhack'

Reaction score
Listening in on the police radio is not only unfair but the radio chatter if not controled is massive. Nothing like drug farming then hearing that the police are getting ready to raid you that would just be unfair. What next drones for police okay lemme just post it then

Reaction score
Well even though ideas aren't necessarily based on a popularity vote, it is fairly easy to see that this idea is quite unpopular and I see no reason for it myself. Additionally this type of idea was suggested and denied over a year ago, and my position hasn't changed since then. Besides having the radio play from anywhere but a player is not exactly an easy thing to do, so overall this idea won't go anywhere. Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.