Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2538

Topic: Tazer Weapon

Short explanation (in notes):
- A tazer given to cops when they join
- Can stun a suspect long enough to arrest
- Is a good alternative to shooting

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Ever been in the situation when someone is running away and you lethaly shoot them? Well, this should fix that. Introducing, the tazer! Given to cops when they join, this alternative non-lethal sidearm is a great way to take a suspect down without killing him/her.

Optional additions:
- You have to pass a test to get the tazer so there is no abuse
- Tazers have 5 cartriges before needing reload
- Can be build as a torture device for kidnaps

Ash

Reaction score
The thing is with this is that it gets abused by everyone, use your nightstick or gunpoint them if really needed, i don't see the need for it. If it was added then i'm guessing it would be for whitelisted people ie Sergeants and the Lieutenant.

If the tazer was for whitelisted people then i would love to have it as a great addition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the tazer would be a great addition to the whitelisted ranks (To avoid abuse), there are times when these would come in handy, nobody is scared of the baton and people aren't scared of the gun when they haven't committed major crimes whereas a tazer can be used in a threatening manner by officers in situations dealing with small violations.

Reaction score
To be honest i can see this not really needed. As it is cops run 10% faster than citizens and so you can catch up with them pretty easily. Another point is that it would be abused the hell out of. Liquifiedcactus said a way to get around it would be to give it to the white list ranks only. I don't know about others but i would very rarely use it or even never use it as Sgt or Lt.
If it was for all cops then a problem would be that if there is a big group of people and they're all shouting, all that's going to happen is a noob cop is just going to tazer everyone with the reason:
[Local] Faldrin Namin: They wouldn't shut up
It would be abused the hell out of it. You say there is a test you have to pass, well, we all know what happened with the job tests. All that happens is that people just try and try and eventually from complete fluke they would pass without even reading the rules. Hence why we still get "crap" cops.
I completely disagree with being able to craft for a "torture weapon". People would sell them to a sweater vests, they go around tazing everyone.
I'm sorry but its not needed and i can see this item getting abused too much so its a -support from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.