Police Suggestion Allow tazers for normal officers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Allow tazers for normal officers
Suggestion Description: Allow tazers for normal officers, so they have a non-lethal weapon for situations where the pistol should not be used. Tbh it doesn't really make sense, and currently officers have a lot of trouble catching people that flee, probably because people know we are not allowed to use the pistol when they are unarmed

Why should this be added?:
- Makes sense to have a non lethal weapon for situations where the pistol should not be used.
IMO it doesn't make any sense, than you need to be whitelisted to have a non-lethal weapon, but can have a pistol without?

What negatives could this have?:
- Could be misused, but a pistol can be misused even more?

Reaction score
The temptation to misuse the tazer is much higher because the consequence for doing so is so much lower, which is probably the reason for the whitelist.
Ill be honest, i use my nightstick right now, which ends up killing suspects often, also i don't see how to temptation is much higher? I'm often very tempted to shoot someone, as i don't have any other way of catching them. Perhabs make the consequences higher for misusing it then?

A1L

Reaction score
Apply for taser! Or are you trying to suggest they get it without an application? Kind of unclear

Reaction score
You can apply for taser at https://plpd.online/careers/

Taser is behind a whitelist due to the high volume of IAs where the taser was misused. Any officer can get a taser, however they have to pass the basic knowledge stage, then move on to a practical assessment stage to evaluate if you understood your responsibilities.

People view the taser as a "safe" minge option that still affects people around them. Thus, the taser was the preferred option for screwing about without outright MassRDMing with a gun. You can say the gun is more mingeable, but that's not really true since it applies long-term effects that are hard to ignore. A cop who does that is quickly removed from the PD for a very long period of time.

Reaction score
You can apply for taser at https://plpd.online/careers/

Taser is behind a whitelist due to the high volume of IAs where the taser was misused. Any officer can get a taser, however they have to pass the basic knowledge stage, then move on to a practical assessment stage to evaluate if you understood your responsibilities.

People view the taser as a "safe" minge option that still affects people around them. Thus, the taser was the preferred option for screwing about without outright MassRDMing with a gun. You can say the gun is more mingeable, but that's not really true since it applies long-term effects that are hard to ignore. A cop who does that is quickly removed from the PD for a very long period of time.
I know i can apply, the suggestion was to remove it, but i don't understand why the punishment for misusing it, doesn't just go up, a pistol is being misused more often because you cant do anything when people run away, often ends up in them dieing after punching them with the nightstick too much

Reaction score
I know i can apply, the suggestion was to remove it, but i don't understand why the punishment for misusing it, doesn't just go up, a pistol is being misused more often because you cant do anything when people run away, often ends up in them dieing after punching them with the nightstick too much
Because shooting someone has a consequence.

People see a taser and just shoot it because nothing will happen.

Reaction score
The only officers that should have trouble when people flee on foot would the those currently in Tactical firearms Gear, as they now have a speed penatly and run as fast, or slower then civillians, but for the most part Patrol officers have a really easy time catching someone fleeing on foot.

Reaction score
How? I’ve never had an issue, you can run faster & you have a Baton that slows them down?
Yeah and people keep running away after being hit, i've had multiple times where no matter how close i am, as long as their moving i cant handcuff them.
Perhabs as i also suggested, people should be punished harder for misusing the taser, if people really want to minge, they will do it whether that'd be with a taser, gun or a car

That's just my opinion, as i don't see how a tazer can be misused more than a pistol, anyways not looking for a discussion it was just a suggestion

Reaction score
Ill be honest, i use my nightstick right now, which ends up killing suspects often, also i don't see how to temptation is much higher? I'm often very tempted to shoot someone, as i don't have any other way of catching them. Perhabs make the consequences higher for misusing it then?
You are only ment to night stick until stunned in most cases- this will disarm and slow them.

Reaction score
a pistol is being misused more often because you cant do anything when people run away,
This is a great take because its literally just happened to me, I got blacklisted from PD and had my taser rights taken away for tasing someone who had their hands up, so now I just GP people and end up killing them more often than not, and have never been in trouble for it. So I get in less trouble for killing someone than for tasing them.
Makes me laugh really.

Reaction score
v
This is a great take because its literally just happened to me, I got blacklisted from PD and had my taser rights taken away for tasing someone who had their hands up, so now I just GP people and end up killing them more often than not, and have never been in trouble for it. So I get in less trouble for killing someone than for tasing them.
Makes me laugh really.
That's my point, why is a lethal firearm non-whitelisted, while a taser is whitelisted, to me it makes no sense. But i guess it doesn't have to

Reaction score
v

That's my point, why is a lethal firearm non-whitelisted, while a taser is whitelisted, to me it makes no sense. But i guess it doesn't have to
I think Exnem answered your question above.

To add onto this, you generally wouldn't want 70% of the PLPD running around with only tasers, whilst responding to raids/shootouts just because they haven't got a gun whitelist. As someone or a group of people would have to sit there, assessing the whitelists for that (Which i think there would be a much higher influx for, than a taser) but the PLPD trainer/supervisory positions are volunteer slots that more or less depend on people's availability and willingness to handle assessing/marking.

PLPD, in itself, has been around for 10 years and has seen a number of transformations. This is probably the best equipment combination that they've gotten so far from pretty much trialling others in the past.

People minging around as pistol cops is a different kind of topic unfortunately.

Reaction score

There are still officers who passed the taser test.But using the taser uncarefully,and sometimes they are just abusing it.

Reaction score
Yeah and people keep running away after being hit, i've had multiple times where no matter how close i am, as long as their moving i cant handcuff them.
Perhabs as i also suggested, people should be punished harder for misusing the taser, if people really want to minge, they will do it whether that'd be with a taser, gun or a car

That's just my opinion, as i don't see how a tazer can be misused more than a pistol, anyways not looking for a discussion it was just a suggestion
This is what the baton is for, the baton will stun someone and stop them.

I have a taser but if someone’s running I’m gonna use my nightstick as it’s so much easier.

I use my taser as a less lethal when someone may be armed with a bat or something.

If you are struggling to keep up with people on foot but not using your baton that’s a skill issue.

Reaction score
Makes me laugh really.
I've suspended people for this and I will continue doing it.

Stop shooting suspects that don't pose a threat, just because you can't be bothered to run after them.

You run at (correct me someone if I got the number wrong) 110% of the speed of a regular civilian. You have more stamina.

And ask most officers what they use. The taser is more often than not, not used whilst chasing someone. The taser is more often used when you have at least 1 alternative weapon or when the suspect may be armed and is refusing to put their hands up. They're not all that useful during chases either way.

Reaction score
My take on this: After seeing some people misuse the taser on Perpheads and the use of force even after getting it. I will say that those incidents were bad and showed ignorance of the policy but barely if any of them were mingey. Which I feel is a nice tradeoff. When I played other servers before Perp, the tasers were constantly abused by people who kept tasing the suspects on the floor over and over. No limits and it was annoying as hell. I would not be surprised if that was the case on Perpheads before I joined it. If we remove it as we get new players constantly, I can imagine the amount of new problems we will have dealing with it and the flood of IAs. This is a bad idea and I assure you, that if you know when and how to use it, you will be fine. To stop suspects from running, you also have a baton which is fine as an option if they resist after warnings.

Overall even if some officers will abuse or make stupid mistakes with it despite there being a taser test, I do feel it stops the initial minges from getting their hands on a tool that can infuriate. Dying is instant and you can't see the reactions that much. Constant use of the taser however would infuriate the user much more. It would be annoying in the hands of a troll. Either way, I can completely understand why the decision was made.

In conclusion, that's why I disagree with your suggestion.

Reaction score

You can easily apply for a Taser if you wish however, we won't remove the whitelist. The whitelist allows us to manage better who has a Taser, if someone abuses it, their whitelist can be removed meaning they no longer have access to use the Taser. It was added to decrease the amount of ongoing Taser abuse; from what I can see, it has significantly helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.