Police Update Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic:
Police update log

Short explanation:
A small GUI where police can see updates on something.

Explanation:
What is the update log
The update log is basically a GUI with things that are going on at the moment.

Lieutenant
The lieutenant can add/remove/solve situations to the Update Log.
He/she can also add the level of emergency, who has to respond, the location and additional information.

Officers / SWAT
They can see the update log and respond to it. So they know what they have to do, what's going on and the location. They can "Check In" at that location, so the Update Log updates.

Situation Example
There is a raid at Hicktown.

What the lieutenant does:
- Adds the raid to the Update Log
- How many officers have to come
- Level of emergency
What the officers do:
- Respond if needed.
For example, the lieutenant gives the emergency 3 stars, wants 3 officers to respond, and sets the location to suburbs.
When the officers arrive, they can check in (with location check), if they check in, the situation updates so the required officers goes down.

If the problem is solved, the Lieutenant can mark it as solved so it gets removed from the list.

Notes:
I know this is pretty messy, but it would help to inform officers about situations, instead of shouting over the radio and nobody answering.

5 +support
0 -support

Last edited:
Reaction score
+Support. Simply a thing that is needed and isnt implemented into PERP.
Btw, im proud of you trying to make police better and funner to play, keep it up. Try to add more stuff to other less used jobs, for more realism.

Reaction score
So this is basicly a dispatch that shows what is going on, where and who needs to respond.

If you ask 1 officer to check out a place 7 will arrive on scene this needs the LT still on the radio telling who will go. I like the idea but im not sure if it could work still it makes it more realistic if you have a LT, I think this needs refining maybe a message that says "New dispatch orders given check a computer" which can be shown from a squad car or inside the PD.

+Support

Reaction score
It sound like the feature from dark rp when you are a gangster a mob boss can change whats in the box in the top left corner so well

Reaction score
+Support: so maybe when i'm asked to chase a car if i stop it i know what did the driver do, since when i ask it none respond.

Btw i doubt many people would use it since they prefer to use the vocal chat even for most useless things like requesting a meal break, that's almost comparable a chat spam to me

Reaction score
+support for 2 reasons:
1. Every time I join the police I have to ask if there is backup needed anywhere and if there are any pursuits in progress. Sometimes nobody responds on the radio either because they don't feel like doing it or because they don't have a microphone and are in the middle of a pursuit. And if there is a pursuit, officers ask all the time "what does the car look like? why are you chasing him?". After a few minutes some officers leave the job and some others stop being busy with something else and they don't know what was going on the entire time. Then it can turn out that there was a pursuit but the suspect has got away and nobody knows we are still looking for him. And when we find him, we don't know why we were trying to find him.

This is a great idea to make a dedicated dispatcher job fun! A dispatcher would be able to add a pursuit to the update log using the information he/she hears on the radio and thus lead to police force being more organized without radio spam if there are multiple pursuits in progress - the worst thing that can happen right now because nobody knows what is going on and who to pull over. And then a bank robbery or a raid during those pursuits.

2. Say there is a raid in progress and officers who have just joined the force don't know about it (or they have just respawned after dying). Let's say they arrive at the scene by chance and everyone is dead. They have absolutely no idea what happened, why people are in handcuffs, why there are bodies on the ground and broken cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.