Poxier AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: Ryan / DeShawn Mendez
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: Poxier / Jim Ketler
His/Her SteamID: STEAM_0:0:19546453
Why Should This Player Be Punished: I mugged this man, he dropped me $500+ dollars and a single beer. Also ran under basically pointblank gp. When he was dead and being revived by cops I got an admin to check his inventory, he had more items than he dropped and more cash. (5.1 & 3.4)

The player should have a basic understanding of the server rules because he has a 3.8million car and more game time than me aparently?
Evidence (Demo Required): http://sendvid.com/wsq7gw47 (He dropped $500 and a beer)

Tick:

Reaction score
You can see from the video evidence that I was close to a corner when he had the initial GP at me, so I had a fair chance to break GP. It's important to know that at that time my character was drunk so when I started running away I had a some sway, but regardless I believe I had a fair chance of breaking the GP. I was armed with a bat at that time, so my plan was to get around a corner and then ambush him with it. My plan was actually successful, as you can see from the video that I managed to close the distance between us and get the jump on him, getting multiple hits on him with said bat. Sadly I did end up dying in the end, but it was a close call and I am confident in the fact that I had good chances of actually coming on top out of that situation.

And to directly apply the point of "not dropping everything", I didn't drop everything as I broke the GP and thus also broke the mugging situation.

Also, this is a complete sidenote regarding my defence, but I think the mugging area he chose could be considered as in public view (?)((maybe??))

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The mugging was in an alley way from clear view of any players, as I wasn't caught? You were also less than a metre distance I would say gunpointed. As you ran the corner you can see I had clear shot if I wasn't such a noob on 15fps. Also its rules you MUST drop everything at the mug. You can't just drop 2 things run and decide to attack, you must drop your items no matter what the situation unless you would win ofcourse.

Reaction score
The items I dropped were insignificant in this case, as again, I was able to break the mugging situation. The distance doesn't really matter, as I was less than a meter away from the closest corner. Also, yes, you can see me running when you turn the first corner, but I already got enough distance between us at that point to make it behind the second corner where I made my ambush.

Also, you made a point about you having to drop everything unless you win. So if I interpreted that correctly, you're implying that if I would've won that situation, everything would've been fine? If that's the case, the rules don't really work that way. Sometimes you lose situations you are meant to win and the other way around. There would be too much variance between each situation, so you need to judge them through the chances, not the outcome.

Also, to add to my sidenote defence™, you also said that you weren't caught so it was proof of a valid mugging location. You can't really use that in my humble opinion as you could successfully mug someone at, lets say, slums gas station 8 out of 10 times. You'd only get caught if a cop or a player who would report you happened to go by that area, and that's somewhat unlikely especially if you keep the mugging short as there aren't enough players usually to really populate all of the map areas at the same time. This is why, again, you need to consider these situations from a realistic standpoint and think how visible you are generally to any potential people nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.