Server Suggestion Prevent assasinated mayors from being re-elected

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Prevent assasinated mayors from being re-elected
Suggestion Description: So, as inspired by events that has happened in the last few days, it is very frustrating to spend a lot of resources on getting a genuinely bad mayor removed, only for them to be back in office before you're out of jail. The process is such nonsense, and it encourages mayors to act shitty, because it doesn't matter if they get assasinated, people think it is funny to elect mayors that are only in it for the shootouts. Last night, we had a mayor get assasinated TWICE and STILL get re-elected, only to increase all taxes to max as a "punishment" (punishment for his past life, btw). It is quite frankly annoying, especially for 2 groups of people: Crafters, who just wants to buy materials and craft, and Police, who has to spend tons of resources every time the mayor clicks his little red panic button for several hours straight.
I realise some people would argue that you could call the police to have them arrested, but there are 2 issues with that: 1. It needs to be a Cpl+ and as shown recently, often the Police Department is full of Senior Officers and Regular Officers, that has no power to arrest the mayor. 2. The mayor often just doesn't cooperate and will attempt to flee/run away from the police, drawing even more resources away.

ON THAT NOTE, I suggest that we add a minimum time limit for the mayor candidate to re-elect after being assasinated in office. After a Mayor has been assasinated, the person cannot sign up for the election until either:
- One hour has passed since the Mayor's death OR
- Another mayor has been in office in the meantime.

Why should this be added?:
- More careful management of the city by the Mayor
- Consequences for handling the city poorly
- Benefits everyone to get rid of bad mayors for more than 5 minutes

What negatives could this have?:
- No mayor?
- Annoyed Sweatervests?

Reaction score
While I support this suggestion, a flaw would be a friend (who is most likely part of the problem being an SS) of the former mayor could then take power and impose the exact same taxes and policies. Anyhow, I believe they should wait at least an hour before going for mayor again.

While there is a law out there for misconduct in office, what can most of the officers do to deal with it when they need a supervisor to arrest the mayor, something of which the PD is currently lacking to see on duty. In roleplay, this needs to be enforced more, it’s not fun when this is consistently happening.

Reaction score
While I support this suggestion, a flaw would be a friend (who is most likely part of the problem being an SS) of the former mayor could then take power and impose the exact same taxes and policies. Anyhow, I believe they should wait at least an hour before going for mayor again.

While there is a law out there for misconduct in office, what can most of the officers do to deal with it when they need a supervisor to arrest the mayor, something of which the PD is currently lacking to see on duty. In roleplay, this needs to be enforced more, it’s not fun when this is consistently happening.

That part is true, but at least the bad mayor's name won't appear on the ballot, therefore people won't be inclined to vote for the same one for the lolz.

Reaction score
Althought I don't see this as much of a problem, I think this would be beneficial as there is some Mayor's who die as Mayor and run again and repeat the exact same process so this could definitely prevent this!

Reaction score
Althought I don't see this as much of a problem, I think this would be beneficial as there is some Mayor's who die as Mayor and run again and repeat the exact same process so this could definitely prevent this!
When this isn't an issue, you don't notice. But when it IS an issue, it is really annoying. It's happened the last 2 days.

Reaction score
I like going back to kill a mayor again, it gives me some crime to commit without any real cool-down. This feature would also prevent mayors who were killed in circumstances against the rules, or in accidental circumstances (happens often) from rejoining the job. 2 very big cons in my opinion I feel we’re glossed over.