Prevent drugs from disappearing, when disconnecting from the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Prevent drugs from disappearing, when disconnecting from the server.

Short explanation:

- Pretty straightforward

Detailed description:
- Because people like myself have either problems with Garry's Mod crashing or just connection problems. This leads to the loss of people's valuable time, and also of course their IC money.

Optional additions:
- Make sure people aren't able to create new drugs, when they just rejoined with drugs already planted
- This would also prevent raiders from losing the reward of a successful raid, when the owner leaves the server and the drugs disappear.

Final remark:
An admin told me that it was not possible, but I and many others have seen it work on other PERP servers.

Reaction score
Alright let's see. Type in the search bar:'drugs disconnect' There you will see dozens of threads like these that are denied. Read the replies of the owner why it's been denied. It can be annoying to lose drugs but oh well we got to deal with it :s

Reaction score
+/- Neutral I would like to see this added if possible but i think there would come alot of issues with it.

Reaction score
I think it's extremely irrelevant that there may be a dozen of threads concerning the same matter that have been denied. The fact of the matter is, this is obnoxious and many, such as myself, would like to see this changed.

I don't mean to be insubordinate, but I fail to see any harm being done to anyone's game-play if the drugs remain present in the server for a minute or two if someone's game has crashed. There are countless of creative counter-measures that can be employed in this concept to prevent people from abusing this and have it only function as a way in which players can reconnect without being 'punished' for their system's error.

Hence, I do think this is a concept the coders of Perpheads should pursue to better the game-play for their users.

+Support

Reaction score
unfortunately (afaik) it's impossible to save your "status" when you disconnect/drop connection, that's why all the other ideas like this one got denied, they probably have been removed and i don't know why

Status
Not open for further replies.