Prewhitelist Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayjay

Reaction score
style-logo.png

This update will go live on 16/02/2020 at server restart

Hey there guys, just a small update today but it's regarding a relatively contentious issue so I thought I'd post something to explain.

An idea was posted by @BigBenji last month, this idea was regarding the police department. As we all know, many players have raised multiple issues with the way the department has impacted the server, the idea to implement drastic change has also gained traction as of recent. Todays update will implement a former version of the Police Department, showcasing a similar structure to what we had before the complex police system was introduced and a whitelisted form of policing was live on the server.

Another idea was posted by @Duffy which proposed we revert to a specific version of the department, this update is mostly in line with his suggestion and my response to it. Should the option to revert to a former iteration of the department win, this is mostly what the initial implementation will be based on.

What has changed:
  • Going on duty no longer requires you to fill out a questionnaire, everybody who goes on duty will have the rank of Sergeant.​
  • TFU will only require premium status to gear up.​
  • The Dispatch role will be disabled for the duration of this trial.​
  • TFU will no longer feature a light gear option and the range rover will no longer be obtainable, TFU will be required to stay at the PD until called out.​
  • plpd.online will be disabled for the duration of this trial, any and all policies and procedures are void during this time.​
  • All laws are required to be followed by any Officer on duty, as per rule 4.1 (Follow the law)​

The duration of this trial is one week starting from today (16/02/2020), a vote (in-game) will take place after the trial and the following options will be present:
  • Return to the current implementation of the Police Department (semi-whitelisted, intranet, rank structure etc)
  • Implement an unwhitelisted version of the Police Department (1 Lieutenant, 2 Sergeants, multiple Officers)

There will be an ongoing disussion with the community following this trial, allowing us to work toward the correct solution to this issue. The options presented above are to be seen as the most basic version of a future department, changes can be made once either option has been selected.

Have fun & please make sure to highlight any issues/bugs in the bugtracker so we can swiftly fix them.

UPDATE ::

Hey guys, just a heads up:

Obviously all previous laws/rules that existed to negate issues in the pre-whitelisted department have been removed and replaced with policies. For now, these things should be treated as temporary laws for the duration of the trial:
  • All individuals in TFU gear should ensure that they remain at the Police Department until called out to an appropriate volatile situation.
  • Using any TFU equipment whilst not geared up into full TFU gear is prohibited.

I may add more to this list in the near future, so please do keep checking back here throughout the week to avoid any punishment by staff. If you believe there's any more vital laws that need to be added for this trial, please do comment with suggestions.

A further note: Shotguns will be removed in their entirety following a hotfix tomorrow by @Samantha

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
style-logo.png

This update will go live on 16/02/2020 at server restart

Hey there guys, just a small update today but it's regarding a relatively contentious issue so I thought I'd post something to explain.

An idea was posted by @BigBenji last month, this idea was regarding the police department. As we all know, many players have raised multiple issues with the way the department has impacted the server, the idea to implement drastic change has also gained traction as of recent. Todays update will implement a former version of the Police Department, showcasing a similar structure to what we had before the complex police system was introduced and a whitelisted form of policing was live on the server.

Another idea was posted by @Duffy which proposed we revert to a specific version of the department, this update is mostly in line with his suggestion and my response to it. Should the option to revert to a former iteration of the department win, this is mostly what the initial implementation will be based on.

What has changed:
  • Going on duty no longer requires you to fill out a questionaire, everybody who goes on duty will have the rank of Sergeant.​
  • TFU will be limited to a 4 slot maximum and you only require premium status to gear up.​
  • The Dispatch role will be disabled for the duration of this trial.​
  • TFU will no longer feature a light gear option and the range rover will no longer be obtainable, TFU will be required to stay at the PD until called out.​
  • plpd.online will be disabled for the duration of this trial, any and all policies and procedures are void during this time.​
  • All laws are required to be followed by any Officer on duty, as per rule 4.1 (Follow the law)​

The duration of this trial is one week starting from today (16/02/2020), a vote (in-game) will take place after the trial and the following options will be present:
  • Return to the current implementation of the Police Department (semi-whitelisted, intranet, rank structure etc)
  • Implement an unwhitelisted version of the Police Department (1 Lieutenant, 2 Sergeants, multiple Officers)

There will be an ongoing disussion with the community following this trial, allowing us to work toward the correct solution to this issue. The options presented above are to be seen as the most basic version of a future department, changes can be made once either option has been selected.

Have fun & please make sure to highlight any issues/bugs in the bugtracker so we can swiftly fix them.
Great job guys hearing our concerns. Excited to see how this turns out. Thanks @Ayjay and @Samantha

Ayjay

Reaction score
As opposed to a larger content/gameplay update, yeah. This took me a few minutes to implement, although the impact of this change is huge (hence the post).

Reaction score
Literally all I've heard since this was posted is @nutrient10 complaining about how he doesn't like it, please cancel the revert specifically just so he shuts the fuck up, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.