Problems upon joining server.

Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm new to the community and haven't played the server yet but I am familiar with PERP and I've been trying to play again recently. I'd like if someone could help me out with this problem I've been having upon joining PERPHead and any other PERP servers. I've been having this problem for a while but I haven't looked into fixing it! I tried deleting my addons folder in the Steam directory and had no luck, this is the engine error I get when close to sending client info.

"failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer: nVertexCount=23713,nFirstVertex=0"

Reaction score
Have you tried to Verify game cache? (Or whatever it is)

Have you tried to contact your ISP?

If both didn't work, Put Video settings to low and/or re-install GMod

Reaction score
I honestly don't think it's a connection problem I have half way decent internet, I'll try to verify the cache though and post back. I don't think it's a problem with my hardware either it's pretty up to date for the most part besides the processor but I feel like that shouldn't really matter its a source game lol...

Reaction score
Have you tried to Verify game cache? (Or whatever it is)

Have you tried to contact your ISP?

If both didn't work, Put Video settings to low and/or re-install GMod
I did that and didn't have any luck, I'll try joining singleplayer then the server. Next I'll try reinstalling, appreciate the help guys I'll keep updated!

Reaction score
Try all the usual fixes. Reinstalling, verifying file integrity, defragmenting, deleting clientregister.blobb in the main Steam folder, etc.

Reaction score
Start singleplayer, and then join the server.
I tried joining singleplayer then the server and had no luck but this time I got a different engine error.

"CMDLCache: Out of memory"

If anyone else has any suggestions let me know please, until then I'm going to give reinstalling a try.

Reaction score
Turn what off and on?
Turn the pc off then on. Or simply try to restart the game.

Btw panda, fyi it's not a troll. It's my suggestion you fatty fat fatter. Fat

(on phone, pls dont kill me for it)

Reaction score
I restart my system almost everyday, I've been having this problem for a couple months now doubt it's something a simple reboot will fix.