project car

Reaction score
I'm unbanned now so I'm showing off my new car.

Heyo, this is my '03 Subaru Impreza 2.0 GX Sport AWD restoration project thing. Last owner tried to make it an STI or WRX replica and it looked awful so I'm just doing whatever to it. Recently the key died so its currently at the dealership getting a new key - hopefully done by next week or whenever.

so far i've done quite a bit of work to it:
  • I replaced the exhaust because it was stupidly loud (call me a pussy or whatever but i like my neighbours sorry) and also it was literally falling apart lmao with a better looking stock exhaust.
  • I replaced the old radio with a one with both an AUX and CD player (to play eurobeat of course)
  • I replaced the bonnet with a silver bonnet from an estate Subaru. (the old one had a massive gaping hole in the middle for a fake inter-cooler hood-scoop)
  • Last owner had a stupid spoiler that looked gross and damaged so that's been taken off until I can source a better one.

here's some pics. more to come when i get it back.

ripped straight from my instagram, (@tomcorolla if you really want to follow me)

me replacing the air filter. the previous owner clearly didn't really care about it.

the air filter had to be THE most disgusting air filter I have ever seen.

also i had to put some stickers on it. sorry its initial d weeb trash but can we agree it's better than "RIP pole wrapper"?

some new stickers i intend on putting on.

Reaction score
I’d still smoke you in the motive wagon anyway
10242686.jpg

Reaction score
remove the hoodscoop, all the stickers and just drive it, you wont be able to sti or wrx or gt swap the car unless you are a vehicle elecrician

Reaction score
remove the hoodscoop, all the stickers and just drive it, you wont be able to sti or wrx or gt swap the car unless you are a vehicle elecrician

if I do a turbo conversion by whacking in a turbo EJ205, firstly it would make more sense to just buy a WRX, secondly I've been absolutely cucked by insurance so I can't actually afford a WRX. Thirdly, the Impreza being a non-turbo is rather unique as more Turbo models were sold than the non-turbo models (much like the AE85 and the AE86).

Reaction score
if I do a turbo conversion by whacking in a turbo EJ205, firstly it would make more sense to just buy a WRX, secondly I've been absolutely cucked by insurance so I can't actually afford a WRX. Thirdly, the Impreza being a non-turbo is rather unique as more Turbo models were sold than the non-turbo models (much like the AE85 and the AE86).
Trust me, its not as easy by just saying it, you will need so much stuff to make the turbo feel diffrence that its not worth it.

Reaction score
i still got my car btw.

280px-JS12_Nissan_SILVIA_R-X_HB.jpg

i'm going to be looking at a 1987 Nissan S12 1.8zx Turbo in a few weeks or so. Project no. 2