Random crashes - whole gmod closes with no error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Error log:

Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\win64\gmod.exe

-Lua Stack Traces-
==================
Client
*Not in Lua call OR Lua has panicked*

Server
Lua Interface = NULL

MenuSystem
*Not in Lua call OR Lua has panicked*

I've now allocated more RAM on launch, should this fix it or is it something else? Looked online for solutions & it says changing back to 32bit might fix it but that's not really an option for me.

This is the version of gmod I'm using:

7Q3iUIo.png

Any ideas?

Solution
If anything I’d strongly suggest you use a clean copy of gmod (there’s a bat file in the garrysmod directory to factory wipe it) with no additional content other than PERP’s installed, I’d also recommend setting all of your graphic settings to high. Source can be unstable when set to low especially in texture and model settings and can cause more performance issues, with your CPU, you shouldn’t have much of a problem with lower performance as the gamemode in itself as have optimisations to mitigate the lower FPS issues (this can still happen on a busy server due to limitations).

give me a DM if this continues
Reaction score
ive checked a few threads on facepunch and theyve all had the same answers - according to a gmod dev it was supposed to be fixed in 2019 lmao

will try tho, tyvm
Yeah I realised that after I linked it to you, however I think you should still make a thread there and/or contact them on https://discord.gg/gmod since it obviously... isn't solved and you're still running into this problem.

Directly talking to a developer on discord is also easier than just sitting back and forth on a forum where answers aren't as rapid

Reaction score
If anything I’d strongly suggest you use a clean copy of gmod (there’s a bat file in the garrysmod directory to factory wipe it) with no additional content other than PERP’s installed, I’d also recommend setting all of your graphic settings to high. Source can be unstable when set to low especially in texture and model settings and can cause more performance issues, with your CPU, you shouldn’t have much of a problem with lower performance as the gamemode in itself as have optimisations to mitigate the lower FPS issues (this can still happen on a busy server due to limitations).

give me a DM if this continues

Solution
Reaction score
I've had this same problem mate, first i encountered a problem where i could not use voice chat when using that chromium version and after some time my gmod began crashing all the time. Turned the version to the default instead of chromium and it fixed it, would rather be able to play a game without it crashing and being able to use voicechat just at the cost of not being able to use the television.

Reaction score
managed to fix this by making my config very minimal i got rid of a majority of my commands but just kept some of the fps ones and its fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.