Recommended Settings for Perp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yo yo yo,

im very bored and playing with the thought to hop onto Perpheads again, i also have a bit better PC now but since i know that Perpheads specially laggy i want to take out much as possible.

CPU: i5 4440
GPU: GTX 750 TI
RAM: 12GB 1333MHz

dxdiag tells me DirectX 12, thats the current version on my PC

Solution
r_3dsky 0
r_shadows 0

required commands for multithreading (gmod_mcore_test 1 does not work without these)
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_queued_ropes 1
studio_queue_mode 1

use the correct beta branch for 64-bit
xCogqJy.png

Textures to high or very high (mat_picmip -1) as source engine has a thing where it uses less of your gpu once textures are set to very low making it more cpu bound which we don't want

use 2x or even 4x msaa on 1080p, 2x on 1440 and none at 4k
lower your resolution if needed, don't play on stretched. FSR/RSR does not do anything in this game...
Reaction score
Settings don't really do much. If you want more frames get a better CPU
they do, well did for me back when i had a more trash PC. i even remember that i had some cfg wich i autoran so my game looked like shit and i was able to count every pixel but atleast had some fps.

Even tho i was very inactive i checked out updates made and i recently saw that there were quite often performance updates

Reaction score
r_3dsky 0 r_shadows 0 r_drawbatchdecals 0
And navigate to options video settings advanced settings everything should be on low except model detail which should be on high I believe that will give you more fps

Reaction score
4:3, low everything even models, r_3dsky 0 r_shadows 0 r_drawbatchdecals 0, turn off leaves on trees and grass for better combat and easier raids, install methamphetamine (it will help with your aim).

Reaction score
wtf is that

i remember that creepis i think once said when you set texture quality to very high you even get better fps then having it on low if im remembering correct
Joking mate, nah do what moon said or use gmod 64 bit and use Creepis's config it should help out a good bit

Reaction score
Yo yo yo,

im very bored and playing with the thought to hop onto Perpheads again, i also have a bit better PC now but since i know that Perpheads specially laggy i want to take out much as possible.

CPU: i5 4440
GPU: GTX 750 TI
RAM: 12GB 1333MHz

dxdiag tells me DirectX 12, thats the current version on my PC
You really do not need a "mega" config for perp anymore. The basic commands that @Moon posted are most likely the best you will get. The rest is mainly done for you now.

Reaction score
r_3dsky 0
r_shadows 0

required commands for multithreading (gmod_mcore_test 1 does not work without these)
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_queued_ropes 1
studio_queue_mode 1

use the correct beta branch for 64-bit
xCogqJy.png

Textures to high or very high (mat_picmip -1) as source engine has a thing where it uses less of your gpu once textures are set to very low making it more cpu bound which we don't want

use 2x or even 4x msaa on 1080p, 2x on 1440 and none at 4k
lower your resolution if needed, don't play on stretched. FSR/RSR does not do anything in this game as it is cpu bound.

if you're on ryzen enable docp/xmp and use your ram's rated speed
most of these things i mentioned can be looked up easily
don't ask me for a .cfg
if all fails upgrade CPU

goodbye

Solution
Reaction score
lol thanks,
thats the only thing i remembered because back then i used ur first cfg

Status
Not open for further replies.