Redesigning the wood cabins

Reaction score
Main Idea: Redesign of the wood cabins, to also include a 2nd floor on them

Full description of the idea:

My idea is to take a look at some other possible designs for the wood cabins, most noticeably the possibility of a second floor, as there are not many places that offer that currently apart from the big subs houses. I think the fact of having 2 floors, yet being made of wood completely balances things out a little bit similar to how big subs houses can still be wallbanged a lot. I will leave some pictures to some possible designs, but there isn't much to say really other than the fact that I think the current design of the wood cabins is quite limiting, and thus requires a change.

Why should it be added?:

Currently the wood cabins go very unused, this tends to be due to the fact that they are small in size which has many problems, it is too easy to blow up with just a couple of bombs, and the fact that you can't fit many people in there once you place props around (again, space is limited to place props inside due to its size). Seeing as the location is great because it is in an area far away from most properties, it's a shame that more people do not utilize them, but it simply comes down to the fact that it has too many flaws. Getting bombed, wallbanged, 2 entrances, breakable windows... you name it.

Pros:
  • Wood cabins have more space inside them
  • Easier to defend than the current wood cabins
  • More modern design added to the current map
  • Not everybody using projex/slums constantly
Cons:

• Having two floors can be quite unbalanced due to a chokepoint on the stairs
  • To increase the size of wood cabins, the landscape of the forest (mostly trees) would have to be adjusted

2-storey-log-house-136_LRG.jpg

FistralNewBig-695.jpg

toulouse_1500_3.jpg

Reaction score
true, maybe instead of having a second story have a small basement underground that only the barret m82 can wallbang.
the entrance of the basement could be a hatch in the back or in a shed nearby.

Reaction score
You don't want choke points. That make's it impossible to raid which is not good. Nothing wrong with it being hard but impossible ain't an option I'm afraid.

Reaction score
the angle of the stairs alongside doors opening outward would provide an angle at which you could possibly shoot

Reaction score
Accepted

Won't do too much of a re-design but will look into making them a bit easier to defend