Server Suggestion Reduce impact and disorientation from minor collisions.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Reduce impact and disorientation from minor collisions.
Suggestion Description: Currently on PERP you receive whiplash injuries on virtually every minor collision. Whilst this is considered "Realistic" I'd argue that its unnecessary and a hinderance due to:
- Server performance causing collisions.
- Light objects left on the road can cause these injuries.
- You can die from a collision that doesn't even wreck your car.

I am currently proposing:
- Users take less damage from minor collisions.
- The disorientation effect is reduced.
- The disorientation effect only applies to more serious collisions.

Why should this be added?:
- Reducing the impact of these collisions makes for great QoL.
- Currently doesn't make a lot of sense.
- Car occupants dying less because they side swiped another car.
- The way we currently have is less punishing for the car driver specifically and punishing for passengers as they seem to have at least an equal chance of being killed in these circumstances.

What negatives could this have?:
- Less realistic I guess.
- Less encouragement to follow driving rules maybe? (Not really, I'll list it here because someones going to bring it up)

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm in the opposite boat. I want car damage to increase, especially when you are going 50+ mph. People drive like absolute idiots, and are not scared to ram people.

Reaction score
So more car damage would fix this as you can no longer drive like a lunatic?

Reaction score
So more car damage would fix this as you can no longer drive like a lunatic?
It punishes people for driving like a lunatic. Eventually, they'll realise it's not worth the constant repair money and wait time

Reaction score
It punishes people for driving like a lunatic. Eventually, they'll realise it's not worth the constant repair money and wait time
I do have to come back on it now I see @Aquaa 's video in the shoutbox it might indeed be a bit too much

Reaction score
  • Staff
It also actively punishes users who just happen to share a lane with a lunatic.

Reaction score
It also actively punishes users who just happen to share a lane with a lunatic.
It already does. I'm driving 50 down the bridge and a bellend hits me with 50, I'm done either way.

You know what's really frustrating though? People crashing in to a full set of police barricades around a crash site, going 90+mph and just driving off like nothing happened.

Seeing that video above, sure. Low speed and minor collisions, I agree. Decrease the damage on that, 35 in to an office chair. bruh.

But hitting anything at 90+mph should tier your car and this is a hill I am willing to die on.

Reaction score
It's not very realistic to be disoriented for 10 seconds after a minor collision. As someone who has actually been in a car accident, you're not dazed like that, you're in shock and pumping with adrenaline. In my opinion the disorientation should only occur when you tier your car.

Reaction score
It already does. I'm driving 50 down the bridge and a bellend hits me with 50, I'm done either way.

You know what's really frustrating though? People crashing in to a full set of police barricades around a crash site, going 90+mph and just driving off like nothing happened.

Seeing that video above, sure. Low speed and minor collisions, I agree. Decrease the damage on that, 35 in to an office chair. bruh.

But hitting anything at 90+mph should tier your car and this is a hill I am willing to die on.
Shit like that is so bad that I just want to place spikes around my crash scenes so people actually fucking listen to road closures. I've had to stand and battering ram people out of the car who don't listen

Reaction score
The disorientation isnt too much of an issue, it’s more the heaps of damage you and your passengers take under circumstances beyond anyone but the offenders control.

Reaction score
I think the disorientation is a bit ridiculous and should only take place when a wreck is quite severe. Travis and I hit a sign going 20mph and were disoriented for an extended period of time.

Reaction score
I think the disorientation is a bit ridiculous and should only take place when a wreck is quite severe. Travis and I hit a sign going 20mph and were disoriented for an extended period of time.

Recently, I've noticed this too. Idk why it hasn't happened before, but twice yesterday I was hit at low speed and got dizzied up. My proposal would be to decrease damage/Dizziness from low impact (anything below 40), keep it the same at medium (between 40 and 70) and up the damage at high impact crashes (70+). If you're going 70 in to the back of a police cruiser, you better be swirving in your chair and have a turned off car. Hitting anything at 100+mph should be instant tier.

Reaction score
I do belive the disorientation is still beneficial for the RP, as even after less serious collisions you would not probably be able to drive away straight up. It adds amazing balance for the interactions with police as well, as when you crash in a pursuit, you are not able to immediately run away into a forest.

Reaction score
I do belive the disorientation is still beneficial for the RP, as even after less serious collisions you would not probably be able to drive away straight up. It adds amazing balance for the interactions with police as well, as when you crash in a pursuit, you are not able to immediately run away into a forest.
"Amazing balance" like escaping cops in a car without shooting them was an easy task to begin with?

Reaction score
"Amazing balance" like escaping cops in a car without shooting them was an easy task to begin with?

can flip it around and say "as if it makes sense that a criminal can crash at 50mph, jump out and still shoot accurately".

Reaction score
can flip it around and say "as if it makes sense that a criminal can crash at 50mph, jump out and still shoot accurately".
I've never talked about sense. The whole entirety of paralake doesn't make sense. But if you want playability, you'll have to sacrifice your realism.

The current version of the map simply lacks escape routes, so to make car chases not end instantly, we need to compensate in other ways.

Is it realistic cops carry 15 cones on them? No. Is it better for playability? Yes.
Does it make sense cops have infinite cuffs? No. Is it better for playability? Yes.
Does it make sense you can get shot and only use a bandage? No. Is it better for playability? Yes.

I think you get what I mean.

Reaction score
It's not very realistic to be disoriented for 10 seconds after a minor collision. As someone who has actually been in a car accident, you're not dazed like that, you're in shock and pumping with adrenaline. In my opinion the disorientation should only occur when you tier your car.
i agree with you, i think thats just the only thing that they can really do to give a effect like that.

I do think the dazed effect should be reduced or added at higher speeds.