Server Suggestion Reduce quantity of TFO's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Reduce quantity of TFO's
Suggestion Description: Reduce the amount of TFO's in the PD (Currently ~91)

Why should this be added?:
- Reduces the amount of minges in a serious Unit of the PLPD
- Adds more balance to shootouts involving PD 
- Adds beneficial RP as having 9 men carrying SMGs at all times is not too realistic
What negatives could this have?:
- Could effect PD bias in shootouts

Reaction score
Adds beneficial RP as having 9 men carrying SMGs at all times is not too realistic
Having shootouts 24/7 in all possible places isn't realistic either, though its part of the gamemode/server, reducing the amount of TFU to 'reduce amount of minges' or because theres cop carrying SMGs around is just stupid.

If theres people minging they should be reported or an IA should be made.

Reaction score
I don't think the issue is the amount of cops nor the amount of TFU. Yes at times there is a max amount of cops some times. But, To be honest I don't see this often. The main issue I see is people camping the PD until they hear shots then sprinting to go on duty. This is normally done at normal raids and mainly bank robberies. So for an example here you could kill all the cops and TFU then they will resign/leave the server. After this there friend might go on duty and gear up and flank again, This causes more cops and more tfu so the limit goes from 5-6-7-8-9-10 so on and so on. The term "zombie wave" can be used well. This also massively affects the bank robbery. Since the bank takes into consideration how many cops are on duty when placing the drill, After it is announced 5-10 more cops might go on duty. This causes the money calculation to mess up thinking its fighting 5 cops in stead of 10. I think this is the main thing that needs stopping or changing and it will fix alot of the problems people think there are.

Reaction score
Purging en masse has never worked wonders for anyone in the PLPD and never will. The fact that you genuinely see this as a solution to your nothing-burger of an issue is boggling.

What you’re suggesting would simply throw a spanner in recruitment and force us to reassess capable TFU, most of who aren’t doing a bad job at all might I add, and make getting into TFU exceptionally difficult with the backlog of applications. This in turn would slow down the entire PD as to do so efficiently we would need to use the training area a lot more and prevent us pursuing our eventual goals and works in progress.

Ask anyone who has joined TFU recently and they will agree that we already have a backlog of people who passed their written stage and are awaiting practical assessment has been making getting into TFU a pretty long process (Shorter than it used to be, you’re welcome…). This would genuinely throw the biggest spanner into the works TFU has ever seen.

What you seem to be forgetting is at the end of the day, this is a video game. As long as people pass the application cycle and don’t use their privileges of TFU gear to negatively impact players experience through their misinterpretation of policy, or total disregard for it in some cases, then as far as I’m concerned they can and will join TFU.

Having all our TFOs do all these tasks such as supervised patrols that we currently have them do only to remove them entirely regardless would be treating them as show dogs, jumping through hoops only for us to take them out back and shoot them because the show is over.

Regarding skill, the average player doesn’t have the free time or emotional will to sink hours into a 72 hr perp playing and a 72 hour kovaak’s per week grind regimen to ensure they are hard coded to peak perform in Paralake Police gaming.
- Reduces the amount of minges in a serious Unit of the PLPD
I don’t think I’ve seen a complaint from you in my 2 years of CC. You have the tools to resolve this issue and make a difference already. Have you been?
- Adds more balance to shootouts involving PD 
Please tell me why you feel this way and how making TFU a recruitment dust farm like the ol’ days of yonder and yore of the PLPD will fix this issue, it’ll just deter anyone without the free time to reapply from ever finding the will of attempting to rejoin.

- Adds beneficial RP as having 9 men carrying SMGs at all times is not too realistic
The average SWAT team size in response to a minor shooting is 16 to 32 officers in the US, please tell me what 3rd world country you have used in this comparison to draw this conclusion from.

I will not throw anyone out of TFU unless they prove they aren’t willing and capable, @Collier would never let me do that even if I wanted to, and @Hayden wouldnt let collier do so if he wanted to, it’s just immoral and a huge fucking mess for absolutely nothing.

Max

Reaction score
As a long time PERPHeads perp criminal main and a TFU command member I feel qualified to speak on this matter;

skill issue :hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.