Reform the way Meth works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/reform-how-meth-works.29294/

Main Idea: Reform the way meth works

Full description of the idea: Remove the chance of a meth barrel exploding doing the process of cooking to make it more attractive for players to get around this aspect of the server. Both risk and reward is too high and most likely the reason why people don't interact with this aspect of Perp. At the moment you make about $1050 per barrel or ~$950 if you include the ~10% of an explosion. My suggestion is to change the buying price of a barrel to $1500 so you would only profit $550 per barrel, which is successfully cooked and sold to balance the reward and risk.

Why should it be added?: To make it more attractive for players to cook meth and to make risk and reward more even.

Pros:
  • More ways for criminals to make money besides from growing - Perhaps encourage people not just to sit AFK in their bases.
  • A more exciting way to interact with the criminal perspective of Perp.

Cons:
  • Bigger lose if taken/confiscated.

Other additions:
A small cloud of grey smoke should appear above all meth barrels to indicate that the barrels are cooking (instead of the "danger" text). If you go too close, the smoke would make you high. After the 15 minutes, the smoke change to a clean white color. If the cooked meth is not picked up within 30 seconds, the smoke will turn black and the meth is burned (instead of the "burned" text). Explosions should only be caused if someone attempts to pick up any of the barrels while the meth is still cooking.

fba84513eb.png

Reaction score
Same toilet, different shit.

More ways for criminals to make money besides from growing - Perhaps encourage people not just to sit AFK in their bases.

This is the same thing as drugs, but with smoke. People will be sitting in their bases, waiting to pick up the meth.

Reaction score
I think meth just needs to be overhauled to make it a very high reward process, that also requires you to be involved. That way you make a lot more than growing, but you actually have to actively be trying to do it.

Reaction score
I think this is a good idea because not only when it explodes you loose the barrels and stoves you will also get raided by the police. And if the profit lowers like suggested it will work just fine.

Reaction score
Yea I think this would be cool to add more variety for methods of growing because right now if a new player tries meth, well, they will just probably blow themselves up. We could also adjust the cost/profit of meth to make it a viable option rather than to just grow. Great suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.