What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- Allow for better compliant vehicle stops from the front

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- Content change/pain in the ass AFAIK to change this

Other additions:

JYdonSi.png

Change to "FOLLOW ME"

Reaction score
I'd rather want this to replace the text that's visible when you press 2 and still driving it as it switches to "Remain seated/Turn your engine off" along those lines when you exit your vehicle. 3 automatically switches to "Police Checkpoint" once you exit which would look weird.

Reaction score
I'd rather want this to replace the text that's visible when you press 2 and still driving it as it switches to "Remain seated/Turn your engine off" along those lines when you exit your vehicle. 3 automatically switches to "Police Checkpoint" once you exit which would look weird.
Maybe they can remove the automatic sign change when you jump out and instead keep all the texts (or change them to more relevant ones) but if they press 2 again it says whatever it would be if it was off and same if you press 3. So like 2 and 3 would have two different texts each that you can cycle through.

kinda confused myself whilst writing this on my phone so I hope it made a bit of sense

Reaction score
Does anyone ever look at them? Because I don't. Thats why I never use them when on duty.

Reaction score
Maybe instead of changing it, different textboard screens can be re-binded to the other numbers, because I still use the police emergency one because I think it pops up the police checkpoint screen when I hop out.

I made a suggestion for RTU a while ago and it got looked into where officers would have a whole LED text screen that they could add custom messages to.

Status
Not open for further replies.