Server Suggestion Reworking cash registers to double as a shop UI

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Reworking cash registers to double as a shop UI
Suggestion Description: Add the ability to turn your cash register into a shop UI.

This won’t replace the price tag feature, which should still be possible to allow items to be displayed.

How it should work:
For the owner:
- Pressing E on the cash register when it is inside a property would bring up the storage menu, except the left column, which would normally be your inventory, would be the cash register menu.
- You click the items you wish to sell so they appear on the left side, and set a price for them. Guns with alternative attachments should serve as regular standing items.
- When placed in the cash register, all items inside the register will be withdrawn from storage and remain permanently in your “shop storage” until sold or removed.
- Upon a customer purchase, the cash register will contain the money, which will be withdrawn into their inventory when the owner presses E on the register.

For the customer:
Pressing E on the cash register would buy that item, as if it were a shop NPC.

Balancing / other info:
- Your shop inventory will remain the same between all cash registers.
- Destroying cash registers shouldn’t affect the shop inventory within.
- The registers storage limit should be capped at 100lbs, so items are still displayed at bazaar.
- The cash register items withdrawn from the cash register menu will go back to storage, and it should not be possible to put items you are holding in your inventory into the cash register, meaning this wouldn’t be abusable in shootouts or RP situations.

Other additions could be adding a feature that allows the money within to be stolen with a crowbar.

Why should this be added?:
- Players can sell at bazaar without hitting prop limit. Often ammo takes up prop limit at bazaar.
- Vendor stands not having to back and fourth to sell food.
- This is a feature on many other servers meaning new players probably wouldn’t overlook it.

What negatives could this have?:
- development time?
- People freezing registers in dumb places I guess.

Reaction score
Personally I think it’s time that the process of selling items gets the focus of love from the development team.

It’s been pretty similar since 2015 as far as I know, where the only changes I remember there being are the font change and you being able to make multiple lines, along with the rest of that little menu.

There are several DarkRP servers that use some cash register mod which is similar to what Benji is describing, and I think that shopping should be more of an experience on the server and more interactive than just pressing E.

I seriously would love to see some rework or improvements to the system of selling items!

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Reworking cash registers to double as a shop UI
Suggestion Description: Add the ability to turn your cash register into a shop UI.

This won’t replace the price tag feature, which should still be possible to allow items to be displayed.

How it should work:
For the owner:
- Pressing E on the cash register when it is inside a property would bring up the storage menu, except the left column, which would normally be your inventory, would be the cash register menu.
- You click the items you wish to sell so they appear on the left side, and set a price for them. Guns with alternative attachments should serve as regular standing items.
- When placed in the cash register, all items inside the register will be withdrawn from storage and remain permanently in your “shop storage” until sold or removed.
- Upon a customer purchase, the cash register will contain the money, which will be withdrawn into their inventory when the owner presses E on the register.

For the customer:
Pressing E on the cash register would buy that item, as if it were a shop NPC.

Balancing / other info:
- Your shop inventory will remain the same between all cash registers.
- Destroying cash registers shouldn’t affect the shop inventory within.
- The registers storage limit should be capped at 100lbs, so items are still displayed at bazaar.
- The cash register items withdrawn from the cash register menu will go back to storage, and it should not be possible to put items you are holding in your inventory into the cash register, meaning this wouldn’t be abusable in shootouts or RP situations.

Other additions could be adding a feature that allows the money within to be stolen with a crowbar.

Why should this be added?:
- Players can sell at bazaar without hitting prop limit. Often ammo takes up prop limit at bazaar.
- Vendor stands not having to back and fourth to sell food.
- This is a feature on many other servers meaning new players probably wouldn’t overlook it.

What negatives could this have?:
- development time?
- People freezing registers in dumb places I guess.

This would be cool but then again it could turn most bazaar shops into more NPC type interactions rather than actual players trying to sell their items and bargaining etc. I think its a cool idea that should definitely be looked into, just worried that it'll take away from RP a little in this area.

Reaction score
A cash register overhaul is on my to-do list. Once I finish the current project I will come back to this in more detail but I really like the idea so if you could make some visual representation as just a cash register with no visual items exept for decorations may leave gun shops etc looking bland

Reaction score
Isn't this basically my suggestion with extra steps?

I feel that this is an over-engineered solution to QoL/automation than adding a storage category that ties into selling items directly instead.
I'm not a developer in that sense, but I feel like it'd be easier to do it that way instead. Last I heard the shop UIs are a nightmare.