• Thread starter Deleted member 4084
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4084

Is this a new law or a change to a current law: Addition to law / new law

What law do you wish to change/add:

3.2 Use of Force
Law enforcement officers may use any amount of force in the execution of their duties provided that it is reasonable and justifiable.

Why should this change/addition be made: Okay - So... the fact that officers can use their weapon for the slightest of incident is ridiculous. There was one incident which involved me tapping an officer with a vehicle, TAPPING -- and they proceed to gunpoint.
I don't know if it'd fit into rule 2.5 for gun-pointing, but for what I know - it doesn't.
People get tapped by a vehicle everyday, not purposely done with the intention of harm. And the Police officers proceed to gunpoint, and give you a nice fine and jail sentence for attempted murder or some other one. It's quite stupid to be honest. Think about it, tapping an officer shouldn't result in a big baby fight. Again -- Unless the drivers sole intention was to harm someone, they shouldn't receive more than a fine.

What is the aim of this change/addition: Make sure officers ain't caught breaking 2.5 maybe?

Additional Information: If this don't make too much sense - It's mainly because it's boiling hot like fuck, and I can't think straight right now. So I will edit it when I feel better :3

Reaction score
Keywords "reasonable and justifiable". They aren't allowed to just gunpoint you for the littlest of things and if that does happen you should report them to a higher rank/make an ar/supervisor complaint etc etc.

Reaction score
There was one incident which involved me tapping an officer with a vehicle, TAPPING -- and they proceed to gunpoint.

Have you got some sort of video of this so we can see the situation? What were the officers supposed to expect if someone drives into them, I know for me it's to pull out my firearm in case I'm being run over. As it says in the laws, force has to be reasonable and justifiable.

the fact that officers can use their weapon for the slightest of incident

Again it boils down to if it's reasonable and justifiable, every situation differs, if you're unsure then create a Police Complaint or an Action Request.

Reaction score
The law states that as long as the officer can provide reason and justification for actually using his weapon to stop the vehicle, it's acceptable. So if they felt their life was in danger, they can do it. Personally I would naturally pull out my firearm if a vehicle is hitting me, if I am unable to to immediately identify wether it was an accident or not.
As stated, it has to be reasonable and justifiable.

Reaction score
Hi Whitewolf,

I can see you like to hang your dirty laundry to dry in public so I'll reply.

The incident that you are referring to involved me as the LEO who "inappropriately" pulled out their firearm because you "tapped" me with your car.

In actual fact you hit me with your car causing me to glitch inside the bonnet whilst trying to force your way through a closed road.

You duly reported my heineous crime to @LordTyla who told you there was no rule infringement and therefore no law break either.

Please stop referring to this incident in such a passive aggressive manner and make a complaint instead.

Chrissy x

M

Reaction score
Will be included in 'Use of Force Continuum' of SOP.

Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.