Roadcrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/roadcrew.30221/

Yes I am aware that I made the discussion in 2017 and completely forgot to make the actual suggestion but it's still a thing I'd like added. and although this is made some time ago, the issues that I talk there are still a thing right now, hence I found it reasonable to still post it.

Main idea: Improve the Roadcrew experience

Description:
Make Roadcrew able to charge an extra of 300 dollars for the expenses of gas and whatnot this 300 goes on top of the price up to 500 dollars. (i.e 250 tow + 300 gas money or something like that) however this fee can also be decided by the roadcrew.

Reason:
@Mikey and I have been called to different places by either cops or people and it wasnt necessary to drive as some of the people could've come to us instead, we as the dutchies we dont like driving to places on our own expenses, therefor We'd like to see the possibility added in which we can charge people a fee for coming to them.
+it is weird that when you are driving in a service vehicle at your job and you need to pay for the gas yourself. (asked mikey to confirm it as he occasionally drives a company vehicle and I do not.)

also give roadcrew road equipment in the form of cones and construction barrel cones (the thick cones)

Reason:
When a car is stranded on the road the police is not always the first to arrive, sometimes roadcrew comes there first and it can be really dangerous to tow someone away from the highway when there is no indication for other cars to switch lanes or whatever.

not the barriers though as they can easily be abused.

Pros:

Roadcrew can make more money and does not lose any money on the job (which is pretty weird imo but yeah)
You are easily able to roleplay actual traffic accidents
not get roadkilled by fast cars on the highway when you are putting the hook on.
people will get encouraged to actually visit the RC station rather than always letting the RC come to you, which imo is more realistic (looking at the fact that, atleast in NL, people usually drive to a mechanic rather than letting him come to us)

Cons:
non that I could think off. maybe minging around with the road equipment.

Reaction score
alles-draait-om-geld.jpg

Reaction score
+ support

one of the reasons i hate RC is bcs you always have to pay for your fuel all by yourself and on a bad day it's possible you don't even make any profit

Reaction score
Once i was basing with my friends. And a RC was trolling around. Later he ended up calling the cops and telling them a whole lie about us gunpointing him etc. the cops said "He is a goverment worker" and belived him and arrested him.

Later I've been told that a RC is NOT a Goverment worker hes a CITY EMPLOYEE (by some moderator)

@Mikey

-------------------------------

Yes the RC Job is really lowkey nice i enjoy it sometimes being RC but its so annoying that you sometimes get threatnen like some piece of shit person.
When there is no RC on a car repair by the NPC costs like almost 3k and if its total damaged 5k (nissan skyline)

i Suggest make them
  1. When people disconnet and their car was towed you only get 250. Change that amount to 500 since every RC request 500 to release towed car
  2. Allow them to charge like 1k for Car Repair. Or allow them to charge in total more instead 500 dollar.

Those changed would make people become RC more often and we would have a great job for sweaters.
---------------------------------
@THE SPOOK i always spawned a new RC car when i was low on fuel. I Suggest you to do that aswell so you acually make some profit

Reaction score
@Askasta
Once i was basing with my friends. And a RC was trolling around. Later he ended up calling the cops and telling them a whole lie about us gunpointing him etc. the cops said "He is a goverment worker" and belived him and arrested him.

Later I've been told that a RC is NOT a Goverment worker hes a CITY EMPLOYEE (by some moderator)

@Mikey
I guess you have been told wrong as the rules clearly state this.
City Employee
Any person who is not a citizen and receives a paycheck from the city for carrying out their duty.
Government Employee
A city employee who is not a taxi driver or courier.
¯\(ツ)

@THE SPOOK i always spawned a new RC car when i was low on fuel. I Suggest you to do that aswell so you acually make some profit
believe me, I have been on perpheads for long enough to know these kind of tips and tricks, might be safe to say that I know more of these tricks than you but that is just me missing the point.

if we were to just spawn the vehicles in as soon as they need to be refueled wouldn't that just take away the entire point of emulating real life? I mean if I wanted to play on a server where I could just play like that I'd go to darkrp. there I wouldn't need to talk to an npc for arresting people as I could just hit em with a stick. or wouldn't I need to grind as much as I could just start printing myself some money and it would magically instantly appear in my hand by pressing e the printer. there I wouldnt need to bank my money aswell as you know muggers are allowed to steal a maximum amount of money from me...

the point I am trying to make is that Government Employees do not have to pay for their gas, and RC ( which also has a Radio) that is defined by the rules as a government employee does. so it wouldn't be such a bad idea to give RC the ability to shove the expenses of gas onto their employers so it will be free for them as individuals.

Also giving them an option to charge people for coming to them would also be nice as this is something that happens all the time in the big bad world

Reaction score
Exactly. Change the rules and then we can say RC is an city employee. Also when I make a report with a question if something is allowed yes or no most of the time I get 2 different answers so when i'm not sure I will ask a higer ranked staff member just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.