RPing as an Off-Duty Officer

Reaction score
I noticed that in a thread, it was said that becoming officer is a completely New Life. But then, that means that people cannot say that they are Off-Duty officers, as it's a completely New Life.
I can see that the rule was made because most people commit crimes whilst off-duty, but because of it we can't RP as Off-Duty officers.

So I have a question about this rule- If we follow the law and stuff, are we allowed to RP as an Off-Duty officer, and have it all be one life?

Of course, most people won't do it as it's a lot more fun to shoot people in the face with shotguns and AKs instead of following the speed limit, but is it allowed? Are we allowed to have one life where we remember ourselves as cops, as long as we aren't breaking the law at the time.

Reaction score
It is fine to RP it like that but what is not fine is using the information as a citizen only to go on duty and arrest/ticket a criminal or using information while a gov employee to get revenge or similar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tend to sometimes use my rank as Seargent to correct on other corporals and so on if I see something that is not acceptable. But I wouldn't go in and start interfering with the officer's police work.

Reaction score
I don't like the idea as an off duty officer at all. You could be committing a crime transporting illegal things. When pulled over you tell all officer you're off duty the police will never think about searching you if they have probable cause if they're bad.