Problem between to the Police Officers and S.W.A.T.

Reaction score
Hello Dear PH Community,

I´ve recently played as a Swat officer and there is really an annoying thing that really need to get fixed. Well it was a normal day as always playing as a Swat when we got a call that there were multiple hostiles at the Apartments near the P.D. After me and my Swat team arrived there, there were another 2 officers including the Lieutenant. So i said to the Cops to stay downstairs and cover the entrance because its not the Police Officers Job to Breach and Clear a building that has enemy hostiles with m4s and aks and whatnot but they still fallowed us even tho i said multiple times they need to get back. The Lieutenant then said no its my job to search for the criminals inside but he obviously doesn't understand his Job as an Lieutenant. The same applies to the other Police Officers that were inside as well. Well the point is lets say in real life when a Police Officer calls out that multiple hostiles with Assault Rifles are inside a building. They call for backup (S.W.A.T.) after the Swat arrived (lets say a few officers arrived at the scene and blocked the building entrances. So after the Swat arrived they plan the breach and then go in and secure the building and if needed neutralizes the hostiles if needed. So but if you compare the story about what happened to me and the scenario that actually happens in real life you see that something is wrong. But the question is how can we do something about it and i would suggest to add a rule or something to prevent the Police Officers to breach and clear a building/bank if Swat is online because its not the officers job to do it.

And lets not forget:

Swat Officers have Kevlar vest (Bulletproof vest like some people call it) which regular Police Officer don't (they do but theirs are not that heavy has one from a Swat officer)

I really hope this kind of situations wont happen anymore as that's just ruining the gameplay of a Swat officer. (And if every Police Officer would do it we wont need the Swat job anymore)

Please if your playing as a Police Officer or as an Lieutenant think about what your doing and how you do it.
I do understand that the most players on the server just want to do something (most of the times shooting) but if you don´t roleplay properly don´t even bother joining an RP server don´t ruin others game/roleplay just because of you wanting to be the "hero" and killing every criminal.

I really hope this made some of you think about the hole thing and i really hope something changes.

With the best regards your Sgt.James

Reaction score
It's a common sense that players wanna shoot, that's the biggest problem in this topic. But as it is a Serious RP server, we should make a rule about "When S.W.A.T is called, they secure the building before the police is entering the building/house." This would prevent in loosing the raid as Government Worker, cause when police officer's is alive they can keep a lookout at the building and wait for the "NLR to cool off." I like this topic, good suggestion of the cops going in with the S.W.A.T team, is "Kinda" fail.

Reaction score
I wanted to do this a few days ago but didn't had that much of a time. But anyway thanks for agreeing with me and i´m pretty sure there are more that have the same opinion. Even by adding a rule. It wouldn´t change that much what we need is a training session were we train other officers on how to deal certain situations like Bank Robberies,Hostage Missions,Breach & Clear of a Building/House. I´m willing myself to create such an Training session i mean i´m not a real life Swat/Police Officer but i´ve seen quite a few videos and have played on different servers were they took Police Officers and Swat jobs serious (also by creating an training session). So i do have got a bit of a experience. Let me just know if you guys like to have such an event/session.

EDIT: This also includes how the Police Lieutenant should act and what he is supposed to do.

Reaction score
The way this should work is this... Lieutenant has the say all over all police including SWAT, however for times when police must forcibly enter a property which guns/shots have been reported at, the Lieutenant should call SWAT to the scene and have them clear the building, if that fails, then it falls to officers to do their job or leave the scene and return when SWAT have completed their NLR required 10 minutes. If there is no reason have heavily armed police at the scene, SWAT should not be called. Without any lieutenant currently active, SWAT have more command over a situation if they were called to it than normal police.

So basically, Lieutenant > SWAT > police. Lieutenant should be the last one to enter a house when shots are fired, as it is their job to orchestrate how it is to be dealt with.

Yes, people always want to shoot things up, and admittedly that does get exciting, but it is not the purpose of these jobs, these jobs are to hold people accountable to their actions. When there's enough police on, it helps a lot with roleplay in general from my experience, and helps cut down on the amount of work admins need to do. Since unless someone is egregiously breaking rules, police can punish people for what they've done which is a good lesson for them. But anyways, now you know about the order police should be required to follow.

Reaction score
StephenPuffs;n5057 said:
The way this should work is this... Lieutenant has the say all over all police including SWAT, however for times when police must forcibly enter a property which guns/shots have been reported at, the Lieutenant should call SWAT to the scene and have them clear the building, if that fails, then it falls to officers to do their job or leave the scene and return when SWAT have completed their NLR required 10 minutes. If there is no reason have heavily armed police at the scene, SWAT should not be called. Without any lieutenant currently active, SWAT have more command over a situation if they were called to it than normal police.

So basically, Lieutenant > SWAT > police. Lieutenant should be the last one to enter a house when shots are fired, as it is their job to orchestrate how it is to be dealt with.

Yes, people always want to shoot things up, and admittedly that does get exciting, but it is not the purpose of these jobs, these jobs are to hold people accountable to their actions. When there's enough police on, it helps a lot with roleplay in general from my experience, and helps cut down on the amount of work admins need to do. Since unless someone is egregiously breaking rules, police can punish people for what they've done which is a good lesson for them. But anyways, now you know about the order police should be required to follow.

Thats exactly what im talking about...

Reaction score
A Police Handbook is currently being developed and, if accepted, following its guidelines will be a requirement; this will resolve problems such as those you have detailed.

Reaction score
Luke;n5089 said:
A Police Handbook is currently being developed and, if accepted, following its guidelines will be a requirement; this will resolve problems such as those you have detailed.

This will add so much realism, Gonna love this :p