Rule Changes - 11/01/2023

Reaction score
style-logo.png

Hi everyone,

As a result of a discussion held amongst the Administrators yesterday, a few small rule changes will go live today. Functionally, not much has changed, but we hope the additional language should provide more clarity to rule 5.3.

Rule Changes

We have made some additions to the terminology of the rules to help 5.3 be more uniformly enforced and consistently understood.

• Raid
Trespassing on an occupied property with the intention of stealing from it or the players inside.

• Occupied Property
Any property which players are presently inside of whilst a raid is in progress.

• 5.1 Mugging
Players are not allowed to mug more than 3 times in any 60 minute period; nor can they mug the same player twice, within any 60 minute period. Players may only mug other players in a realistic manner, for example mugging someone in the middle of a street is not realistic. Muggings should only take place in locations which are out of the view of the public. Players may not be forced to move out of public view under gunpoint prior to the mugging.

Whilst participating in a Mugging all players are expected to adhere to rule 2.5, this means that causing any unnecessary and unreasonable harm or damage to a player or their possessions is prohibited.

Items such as: Barricades, Furniture, crafting materials, planter boxes and rare/seasonal items are not to be dropped during a mugging.

Scamming for rare and seasonal items

The consensus was that scamming for rare items is something we have chosen not to disallow, but acknowledged that there are currently no mechanics to protect yourself from being scammed for items worth over $200,000. Because of this, an update will be going live to increase the cash register's limit to $2,000,000 so that players have a way to sell and buy holiday items with an instantaneous transaction.

Reaction score
  • Staff
For even more clarification, here is what this means:
  • If you break into a house and find drugs, but no players and finish the raid before somebody comes home, you have not contributed to your raid timer.
  • If you break into a house and find drugs, but no players and a player walks into their home and finds you before you finish, you have raided an occupied property.

• If you break into or follow a player into their property and mug them, you have contributed to your raid timer.
  • If you break into an empty property and wait to mug the residents when they come back, you have contributed to your raid timer.
  • If you break into an empty property and the residents never come back and you leave, you have not contributed to your raid timer.

Reaction score
so with this new definition in mind can you in theory raid 3 times so long as one of those times there are no occupants in the house but you got away with stolen goods?

oh you answered it I think as soon as I posted my reply

Reaction score
  • Staff
so with this new definition in mind can you in theory raid 3 times so long as one of those times there are no occupants in the house but you got away with stolen goods?

oh you answered it I think as soon as I posted my reply
Technically, yes, but if you have already raided two occupied properties we strongly discourage players from taking the gamble of breaking into an empty property afterwards. The word "occupied" in the rule already implied this was the case, but it was not enforced uniformly and the consensus shifted to "occupied" meaning that anything was inside, instead of just players.

What would institute as a rare item? Wouldn't it just be a better idea to make these immune from being taken in zip ties through code?
They already are, but I felt "seasonal items" was not specific enough, as items like C2 and repair kits exist that are not seasonal.

Reaction score
Wouldn't it just be a better idea to make these immune from being taken in zip ties through code?
piggy backing off of Clarky, why is is that the line gets drawn at scamming but not being mugged for a holiday doll because as I recall you can't mug it off somebody but you can have them drop it to you which still technically under 3.4 you can force a player under gunpoint to drop you his doll and they must comply to preserve their life. what if it's not a holiday doll and a non seasonal item?

Reaction score
  • Staff
piggy backing off of Clarky, why is is that the line gets drawn at scamming but not being mugged for a holiday doll because as I recall you can't mug it off somebody but you can have them drop it to you which still technically under 3.4 you can force a player under gunpoint to drop you his doll and they must comply to preserve their life.
Forcing someone to drop rare items at gunpoint is still against the rules. It would be better for people to comply, then make their report afterwards to get it back, though, that is correct.

Reaction score
They already are, but I felt "seasonal items" was not specific enough, as items like C2 and repair kits exist that are not seasonal.
So basically items that are not/no longer obtainable by any means would fall under this I suppose then, there would just be some slight confusion as not everyone knows what's rare or not like a horse prop as an example

Reaction score
So basically items that are not/no longer obtainable by any means would fall under this I suppose then, there would just be some slight confusion as not everyone knows what's rare or not like a horse prop as an example
good point

Reaction score
I have considered adding a definition for rare items to the rules, but I doubt that would help as new players wouldn't know what is and isn't obtainable. Most of the time they will be blocked by zip ties anyway, but for the off chance that someone is forced to drop them at gunpoint (and actually complies with this request), we can just sort it out afterwards

Reaction score
the mugging/raiding stuff was clarification that was a long time coming, very nice

Reaction score
You raid limit is 2 but in 5.3 it begins with "Players are not allowed to mug more than 3 times in any 60 minute period;" so which one is it. You're saying if we mug a player it's a raid but if we can only raid 2 times is the 3rd one an exception?

Reaction score
You raid limit is 2 but in 5.3 it begins with "Players are not allowed to mug more than 3 times in any 60 minute period;" so which one is it. You're saying if we mug a player it's a raid but if we can only raid 2 times is the 3rd one an exception?
Muggings don't always happen in peoples' properties.

Reaction score
Muggings don't always happen in peoples' properties.
so for example if a person bases wood cabin, I wait for them to leave their base and I gp them after the exit. Ziptie them and take their stuff that's not a raid because I didn't go into their property?

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Collier So even if you harvest the drugs inside the property. But no player is inside or is coming under the raid. Does it count? Cus im a bit confused if you need to leave the drugs be, or you can harvest it for it to still not count.

Reaction score
@Collier So even if you harvest the drugs inside the property. But no player is inside or is coming under the raid. Does it count? Cus im a bit confused if you need to leave the drugs be, or you can harvest it for it to still not count.

If you break into a house and find drugs, but no players and finish the raid before somebody comes home, you have not contributed to your raid timer.