Rule Suggestion (2.5 Excessive Negativity)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 2.5 Excessive Negativity
Suggestion Description:

Green = Added

Rewritten:
2.5 Excessive Negativity
Players may not excessively impact the experience of others in a negative manner, unless the actions are a proportionate escalation of negative actions that have been performed against the original player.

When participating in raids, players carrying visible weaponry whilst entering, exiting or inside of the property that is being raided are considered to be significant enough threats to be killed justifiably without prior verbal commands or interaction.

If a player is planning on harming another player after a considerable time gap between their last interaction and the present. The player must consult staff first to ensure that the player is not currently in a new life. (Reference 3.5 New Life Rule)

For example, it is not acceptable to:

Intentionally mug and target new players.
Destroy valuable items due to basic distaste such as product prices.
Killing a player over verbal insults, minor or accidental actions.
Killing a player after mugging them because they’ve seen your identity.
Cause unnecessary damage to a stolen vehicle without good reason.
Use explosives or incendiaries without taking precautions to ensure that uninvolved player's items are not damaged.
Use molotov cocktails in raids without prior negative interactions which would justify their use.
Hunt down a player for giving a roleplay reason to inflict harm 2 hours after their last interaction without asking staff to check first if the player is in a new life.

Why should this be added?:
- Stops accidental killings of players who are in a new life
- Protects players from accidentally breaking character to inform others they are in a new life when attempting to inform their killers
- Assures fairness.

What negatives could this have?:
- None that I can think of

Reactions: A1L
Reaction score
One negative would be adding more to the f6 queue, which can easily take hour+ already at times

Reaction score
Generally speaking under the current rules, if someone threatened to kill you and then there is no interaction between you both for 2 hours, you already shouldn't be trying to kill them. Perpheads is already played pretty fast, so you should usually assume someone has a new life after a considerable amount of time, unless you know for sure otherwise. An update to the rules that reflects this would be fine in my opinion, but backing up the F6 queue with NLR checks is not a good way to go about it.

Reaction score
If this change doesn't happen, expect a sweater to get away with "obeying orders to kill you" when you are 4 lives past the life he used to justify hunting you.

It's absurd to justify a kos because "I never saw him die or had an idea its a new life but he gave me a reason in 300 B.C to murder him so I did!" but currently it's technically allowed to do this even though it's unfair to the person being killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.