Ryan Harris AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: simplex | Fletcher Harper
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: Bajar | Ryan Harris
His/Her SteamID: STEAM_0:0:44095993
Why Should This Player Be Punished: User punched my vehicle (cop baiting) and was going to receive a ticket, he then evades and pulls out an AK47 in public area and kills me.
Evidence (Demo Required):

Reaction score
Yeah about that, we were raiding mcuwes, i had a gun on my back, you gave me a ticket for no reason, I was wanted for murder, the reasons go on.

Reaction score
Why would you raid mcuwes when a cop is 5m away from you? And why would you draw attention to yourself if you were wanted?

I gave you a ticket for 1.1.

And as you can see in the video, the AK47 was not showing up on your back.

M

Reaction score
To clear up one outstanding matter first: chasing someone with a ticket book and just slapping it on is piss-poor RP in its self. Never do that again, ever. It's a roleplay server because you are meant to interact with people.

People say that it is too excessive to kill people over tickets being issued. My argument is that the core reasoning was independent of the ticket, had a much broader value, and was of direct benefit and protection to himself. Now, in the event of an officer giving the ticket to the completely wrong person - a completely disproportionately priced one - I'd feel pretty upset in general, not at the fact that I'd received a ticket for no valid reason, but at the gross incompetence, abuse of power, and harassment demonstrated by the officer.

Ryan attempted to resolve the situation by expressing his concern towards you in an aggressive, albeit totally understandable manner. You got out of the car and continued to behave in a condescending, power-tripped way - trying to cuff and then beat the man for expressing his voice. Sure, he knocked on your car a bit, but given that you'd done the wrong thing in the first place - one's sense would tell them to calm the person down as they haven't actually demonstrated any aggression to you, and speak to them on a human level; section 10 of the law outlines the stages of complaints.

I condone Ryan's actions as he wasn't acting in response to receiving a ticket; rather, he was acting to protect himself from being targeted by what came across to him as a power-hungry, abusive and likely schizophrenic officer. The solutions were either to act, or to continue to endure the inherent targeting.

Now, you initiate a roleplay interaction with Lucia, and proceed to ticket the wrong person; lo and behold we're here with you accusing others of baiting. Really, the only bait here was from your end - you ticket the wrong person carelessly and without interaction, fuck off, and fail to accept responsibility for it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Lucia did break 1.1, so as I went to ticket her, Ryan Harris also broke 1.1 by saying "you better fuck off". I decided to ticket Ryan first because he was not in a vehicle and was easiest to handle with first. I did not ticket the wrong person. When I was approaching him, he decided to run away and try evade, this is why the ticket was hefty. Ryan is probably your friend hence you're being biased towards him.

M

Reaction score
Ryan Harris also broke 1.1 by saying "fuck off". I decided to ticket Ryan first because he was not in a vehicle and was easiest to handle with first. I did not ticket the wrong person.

I'm sorry Simplex, I'd be on your side here if only the following things weren't the case:
  • You exacerbated a negligible situation for no reason. Next time try and just resolve it verbally rather than using 'homing tickets'.
  • You still failed to actually roleplay the citation.
  • My justification still holds true as - due to your lack of quality roleplay in the situation - it honestly comes across that you ticket the wrong person, and roleplay (as specifically mentioned in rule 2.1) is not black and white; a legitimate, thoughtful perception is an acceptable basis for action - I have proven that basis.
  • The way you react to his complaint doesn't seem completely appropriate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay. It was a $500 ticket not $1000. At 0:17 you can clearly hear his distinctive voice saying "you better fuck off". So once again let me clarify, I did not ticket the wrong person. I couldn't use a microphone at this time, so it was hard for me to have a conversation with him especially when he is running off every second. I did try talk to him, but if I started typing he would of just ran away.

M

Reaction score
I did not ticket the wrong person

As I already remarked:
it honestly comes across that you ticket the wrong person, and roleplay (as specifically mentioned in rule 2.1) is not black and white; a legitimate, thoughtful perception is an acceptable basis for action - I have proven that basis.

Meaning that his perception was appropriate and understandable, therefore his reasons were valid.

I couldn't use a microphone at this time, so it was hard for me to have a conversation with him especially when he is running off every second. I did try talk to him, but if I started typing he would of just ran away.

That's not his problem. You do not require a microphone to play here, but no rule stipulates that those who prefer typing are obligated to consider it more explicitly. It doesn't make your actions appropriate.

Here's your actions in flowchart form:
841e47cb35.png

Just think about it: Imagine that nobody else was speaking, you just follow this guy around and throw a ticket into the air after threatening someone else with a ticket.

In the context of policing, I personally feel that your actions were infantile - you were chasing up the smallest of misdemeanor offenses while most of the people in your surrounding area were committing firearms offenses. What is more practical? I would have told you to fuck off in his position, from a rational viewpoint.

Reaction score
However much you think my roleplay was "piss poor", I had reasons. His actions are not acceptable.

M

Reaction score
However much you think my roleplay was "piss poor". His actions are not acceptable.

The complete lack of RP makes for an IC reflection on your persona as a police officer, and as I have already discussed in other contexts, the disagreement is on the level of disagreement with your perceived behavior, actions and abuse; not the level of disagreeing with your reason for a ticket.

IN SUMMARY:
Lack of cohesive and interactive RP => Implications on IC relationships
∴ considering more in-depth analysis of how your actions were perceived IC - your 'piss poor' roleplay does indeed make his actions acceptable.

Reaction score
No, he should of brought the matter up with a Seargent or Lieutenant. He shouldn't of decided to vandalise my car by punching it three times, how in any possible way is that acceptable? And let me state again, it was hard to have a dialogue with him because everytime I got close, he ran away.

M

Reaction score
it was hard to have a dialogue with him because everytime I got close, he ran away.

More a case of it's hard to have a mutually respectful dialogue with someone who is flaunting a ticket book in your face from the outset.

he should of brought the matter up with a Seargent or Lieutenant.

That's an option, but not the only one. I'd always speak to the officer first, especially when they didn't actually say a fucking thing - I'd want to know what they have to say by prompt.

Nothing is wrong with what he did - you asked for it.

Reaction score
"More a case of it's hard to have a mutually respectful dialogue with someone who is flaunting a ticket book in your face from the outset."
Let me make this clear.. again. Just because I'm holding a ticket book in my hands means he can't have a dialogue with me? If he actually stood still I would of talked to him, but he ran. Didn't matter if I had my keys out, my night stick out, the ticket boot out or a dildo out. He shouldn't of tried to evade for 1.1 putting attention on himself when he was wanted and then further provoked the situation by punching my car.

"Nothing is wrong with what he did - you asked for it."

Saying "you better fuck off"? Yeah.. Nothing wrong with that... Running away from me as I approach him to talk to him about the 1.1? Yeah.. Nothing wrong with that.. Vandalising a police vehicle and further breaking 1.1? Yeah.. Nothing wrong with that. Killing an officer in public because you're about to get a ticket? Yeah.. Nothing wrong with that.

It's pretty obvious to tell here you're not looking at both sides of the story. You are being biased towards your friend.

Last edited:

User0

Denied you made no interaction to properly role-play this out.
After pulling out your handcuffs and him raiding the place would make him risking his life more by ending up in jail.​

Status
Not open for further replies.