Server Suggestion Salvage weapons

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Salvage weapons
Suggestion Description: Someone said "I wish a gun could be broken to different materials

Why should this be added?:
- I think this would be a great edition and make the server more realistic
- It would help people get there mats back before mistaking the wrong weapon and not spend another 10 materials while having a weapon unwanted
- I believe this will help people on making new weapons out of unwanted weapons
- Any more positives may be responded in the comments

What negatives could this have?:
- Destroying a weapons that you need
- Anymore negatives may be put in the comments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Or you can sell the weapon off and use the money to order fresh materials instead of ask for a whole feature that would in the end give you less of a financial gain and kill off possible roleplay.

Reaction score
Think its an ok idea, they would just have to add some kind of new workbench sorta thing, to make it realistic. Instead of just salvaging weapons in hands. (But you could also just do as Malek said, it would be easier, but this would add more detail to the server)

Reaction score
I like this idea, it's a lot like the Fallout crafting system. When "scrapping" a gun or item you should recieve a percentage of the materials used to craft it, so that you can get something out of those 1000 bats in storage that you'll never sell or use.

Reaction score
I like this idea, it's a lot like the Fallout crafting system. When "scrapping" a gun or item you should recieve a percentage of the materials used to craft it, so that you can get something out of those 1000 bats in storage that you'll never sell or use.
Yes but also this whole idea is a bit silly, you raid someone get their gun, and just scrap it ?

Reaction score
Yes but also this whole idea is a bit silly, you raid someone get their gun, and just scrap it ?
Well you might not want the weapon and scrap it because it will give some scraps of materials or if you don't have a mag for a gun or you might not like the gun you can scrap it

Reaction score
I cant see alot of 2.5 going on when we add this

• Destroy valuable items due to basic distaste such as product prices.
That’s not how that works, you would have no way of doing this to someone’s bazaar shop items without purchasing them, at which point scrapping them would just be a waste of money and not negatively effect anyone but yourself.

As for the suggestion itself, I see no reason for this nor have I or anyone I’ve ever know looked at a gun and said “Damn, wish I could revert this into raw materials” as it’s infinitely more useful to just keep the gun than to render it back into raw parts.

Reaction score
That’s not how that works, you would have no way of doing this to someone’s bazaar shop items without purchasing them, at which point scrapping them would just be a waste of money and not negatively effect anyone but yourself.

As for the suggestion itself, I see no reason for this nor have I or anyone I’ve ever know looked at a gun and said “Damn, wish I could revert this into raw materials” as it’s infinitely more useful to just keep the gun than to render it back into raw parts.
I could definitely see reasons to implement this. If you get a gun from someone you killed like a mac-11 instead of going through the hassle of selling it and buying materials with the money you could just scrap it to raw materials and use them to make a gun you want. I think this would be a great idea.

Reaction score
I could definitely see reasons to implement this. If you get a gun from someone you killed like a mac-11 instead of going through the hassle of selling it and buying materials with the money you could just scrap it to raw materials and use them to make a gun you want. I think this would be a great idea.
If you got a weapon by killing someone you can also sell said weapon for less than crafting price to make a very quick buck.

Reaction score
If you got a weapon by killing someone you can also sell said weapon for less than crafting price to make a very quick buck.
I make most of my money by selling guns. I rather get the materials to craft something more useful than have a useless mac-11 in my storage.

Reaction score
I make most of my money by selling guns. I rather get the materials to craft something more useful than have a useless mac-11 in my storage.
People buy mac 11's all the time though? Theres been like 4-8 Sold a day for the past week.