Weapon Lockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This suggestion/idea is mostly dependent on my other suggestion/idea being accepted:

http://perpheads.com/forum/server/ideas-bug-reports/1661-weapon-management

A new prop/entity should be added that can be placed as a normal prop; once placed, the player can access it like they can the warehouse.

The weapons locker should only be used to store weapons and allows for weapons to be taken from it.

Taking a weapon from the locker will automatically equip the weapon, rather than moving it to your inventory.

Only the owner and friends of the owner can access it; this whole 'buddy' system will need to be perfected first.

A menu would need to be designed to allow for transfer of weapons from the warehouse to the weapons locker.

Uses

Allows for gun shops to continue to operate in spite of the my Weapon Management suggestion/idea.

Allows for people to keep guns on their property securely and legally.

Problems

I can't think of a way to get around this problem:

My Weapon Management system prevents people from getting weapons from 'no where', but if people can carry around a weapon locker with weapons already in it, all the would have to do is deploy it from 'no where' and off they go.

Potential Solutions

Some of the points below could resolve the problem listed above.

After the weapons locker is dropped, it can't be picked-up for at least 5 minutes.

Other people can break-into it.

It has to be unlocked before it can be used; this could take time.

Gix

Reaction score
I think all your ideas should be added as soon as possible. I don't know how to express it without using an hour writing a response. Your ideas will fix so many problems and make it so much better for me and like minded players I can't even start explaining, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.