Server Suggestion Scratch marks

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Scratch marks
Suggestion Description: When someone has a crowbar and tries to steal your vehicle or break into your home, press a certain key to check if the crowbar/door has scratch marks on it.

Why should this be added?:
Police check for marks on their crowbar anyway so this would be a easier way of actually finding out if the vehicle/door/crowbar has marks on it.

What negatives could this have?:
None that I can think of, any that are provided will be listed.

Reaction score
One negative I can think of is how complex this might be, say for example someone has 8 crowbars on them, they break into a house or car with 1 crowbar equipped successfully then they unequip that crowbar, and then they have in their inventory 8 unequipped crowbars with only 1 of them being used and "scratched", how would people see these crowbars are used and scratched.
It might make sense if the crowbar becomes a separate item, perhaps a "used crowbar" which still takes up the same slot and can be reused but is an all together different item.

I agree with this suggestion, it seems like it will only improve RP on the server for both criminals and cops, I just find it might be a bit too complex to code and also a bit too complex and hard to understand for new players and/or new cops.
This suggestion is all together unnecessary, again it improves RP but it seems its another feature that deviates from the use of /desc or /me

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
One negative I can think of is how complex this might be, say for example someone has 8 crowbars on them, they break into a house or car with 1 crowbar equipped successfully then they unequip that crowbar, and then they have in their inventory 8 unequipped crowbars with only 1 of them being used and "scratched", how would people see these crowbars are used and scratched.
It might make sense if the crowbar becomes a separate item, perhaps a "used crowbar" which still takes up the same slot and can be reused but is an all together different item.

I agree with this suggestion, it seems like it will only improve RP on the server for both criminals and cops, I just find it might be a bit too complex to code and also a bit too complex and hard to understand for new players and/or new cops.
I guess, a used crowbar would be good, I understand now, It might be annoying to code and it might be a little scuffed

Reaction score
I'm not one to talk about my real-life jobs and what I do in real life, but I've used a lot of new tools such as shovels and spades, loppers and secateurs, drills/screwdrivers, and once a new tool has been used a few times it shows. I think having a "used crowbar" or "used bobby pins the best option instead of damaging the door itself.
Another situation I can see this being better is if you had 3 people raiding 1 house, all 3 equipped with 8 crowbars, and after only 1 of them has a "used crowbar" it would be easier for cops or others to see who was the one breaking into the house.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not one to talk about my real-life jobs and what I do in real life, but I've used a lot of new tools such as shovels and spades, loppers and secateurs, drills/screwdrivers, and once a new tool has been used a few times it shows. I think having a "used crowbar" or "used bobby pins the best option instead of damaging the door itself.
Another situation I can see this being better is if you had 3 people raiding 1 house, all 3 equipped with 8 crowbars, and after only 1 of them has a "used crowbar" it would be easier for cops or others to see who was the one breaking into the house.
The other problem could be that anyone could have used crowbars around the area, just because X has a used crowbar does that mean they have crowbarred the door and same as Z because they have a used crowbar does that mean they crowbarred that specific door/vehicle

Reaction score
The other problem could be that anyone could have used crowbars around the area, just because X has a used crowbar does that mean they have crowbarred the door and same as Z because they have a used crowbar does that mean they crowbarred that specific door/vehicle
Sounds like the cops on scene would have to deal with that problem, if the criminals going to raid a house only brought 8 already used crowbars each then good on them, they found a new way to get free.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like the cops on scene would have to deal with that problem, if the criminals going to raid a house only brought 8 already used crowbars each then good on them, they found a new way to get free.
True, I'll see what everyone else thinks see if they want this added. It could be a very good idea or cause problems.

Reaction score
Maybe an easier solution would be to make it so you cant unequip the crowbar for sometime after it is used?