Server Suggestion Self enforcing 3.21: Make NPCs react to violent crime.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Self enforcing 3.21: Make NPCs react to violent crime.
Suggestion Description: Make NPCs react to witnessing violent crime, or a downed individual in their vicinity.

Currently players, both new and experienced, gloss over 3.21 entirely. Having methods of threatening NPCs with weapons and restraining them would be ideal in having players realise the NPC should be considered a threat to their freedom if they commit crime in front of them is ideal.

The idea here would be:

For “True passive” NPCs:
- if someone commits a criminal act, such as vandalism, shooting at or otherwise attacking a person, the NPC will cower upon that person either bleeding or being struck with a weapon.
- After 30 seconds, the cowering NPC will send a 911, Saying “Help! Something serious is going down here!”
- Players can open dialogue with cowering NPCs.

These dialogue options include:
- Cuffing the NPC with Zip ties (Must have zipties equipped, but not necessarily held). This will stop them calling 911, giving other players who interact with them afterwards to untie them.
- Threatening the NPC to stay down. This will keep them from calling police until 15 seconds after you’ve fled their radius.
- Telling the NPC to call the police. This is for self defense cases.

When Unrestraining an NPC, they will give you a description of the person who ziptied them, by naming their gender, weapon type and an item of clothing they were wearing (not by colour). For example, If I were to restrain an NPC and they got freed by cops, the NPC would say “Thank you, I was tied up by a Male wearing a Black Leather jacket armed with a Sub Machine Gun” or “I was tied up by a Male wearing Suit Pants armed with a shotgun”.

NPCs with this feature should include:
- Vendor NPCs
- City Hall NPCs
- Car dealer NPCs (Except for the car spawner guy)
- Taxi Driver, Courier and Road crew NPC.
- Storage NPC.

This feature should not be applied to:
- Genetech Genetics NPC
- The Drug dealer
- All bank robbery criminal NPCs
- All car spawn NPCs
- All car repair NPCs.
- Event NPCs

For Government NPCs, this process should just Alert the Emergency services straight up after 15 seconds.

Other considerations for this addition:
- NPCs who will become inaccessible when cowering should instead play the standing surrender animation instead. This would be to stop them from being uninteractable.

Why should this be added?:
- The code already exists to have NPCs cower and become useless under certain circumstances, so it’s possible.
- Self enforcement of 3.21, adding it as a gameplay feature rather than a rarely reported and enforced rule. The rule should remain, requiring players to interact with the NPC.
- More life to the gamemode, having Non-Player Characters Truly become part of the Roleplaying and immersion experience, rather than being lifeless mannequins who serve singular purposes.
- No more unbalanced than current features, seeing as the rule claims you must act as NPCs are capable of this and you should do things like tie up NPCs via RP methods anyways.

What negatives could this have?:
- Could spam 911 when a shootout happens across a large area (as if civs making 911 calls isn’t)

What problem would this suggestion solve?: 3.21: Non player characters becomes self enforcing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like this suggestion a lot, very useful for both civilian and police. I agree with Fielding, why not Roadcrew? They are a business and work closely with the PLPD - so I don't see a reason as to not.