Server/map promo

Reaction score
Hey, I'm fairly new to the server, maybe around 50 hours total, not too sure. So far I absolutely love it, with the exception of a few rules that I personally feel should be laws, the RP level is near perfect for my taste.
Anyhow, I do a lot of work in Source Filmmaker (example of finished product here and a WIP of a larger project here) and I'd love to make something short based around the Perpheads server if people would be interested. Maybe it could be stickied somewhere people would see it when they check out the forums. That's a decision for the higher-ups.
If you guys are interested, I'll take suggestions on scenarios/features you guys would like to see animated, but nothing too specific as I don't plan to spend months on this with writing and dialogue.
Let me know you guys' thoughts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn, your lightning looks really good.

There was a promo trailer made in 2013 but that's all done in gmod i believe

would love to see something in SFM

Reaction score
Damn, your lightning looks really good.

There was a promo trailer made in 2013 but that's all done in gmod i believe

would love to see something in SFM
Thanks, always been concerned with my lighting. For the record, the preview on Streamable was lit by someone else, but The Bookshelf is all me. Also, thanks for linking that video, definitely some inspiration, I can reference some of the shots in that video as a bit of a callback for long-term players.

Wiz

Reaction score
I'd love an sfm with the story of a gangster or one about the mob. There's not to many of those!

Great job you've done!

Reaction score
Theres a trailer made for Paralake V4 but thats also all made in gmod.

So something like you do has never been done before for perpheads i think, so i'm interested in that ;)

Reaction score
I'd love an sfm with the story of a gangster or one about the mob. There's not to many of those!

Great job you've done!
Will do, but I want to show all aspects of the server. Mobsters/mafia will definitely be involved as it's something my character is working towards.
Thanks for the kind words!
[DOUBLEPOST=1500617628,1500617525][/DOUBLEPOST]
Theres a trailer made for Paralake V4 but thats also all made in gmod.

So something like you do has never been done before for perpheads i think, so i'm interested in that ;)

Yeah I've seen this. It serves its purpose in showing off the map, but to be fair, it isn't quite beautiful and not very exciting. People who already play PERP would like that video since it shows of certain buildings etc and the players already know what they could be used for. But someone who's never played doesn't care about some new office buildings and trailerpark area.
[DOUBLEPOST=1500642227][/DOUBLEPOST]Having an absurd amount of map errors. Someone who is more capable with mapping has to make an SFM-friendly version, I simply don't have the know-how