Server Suggestion Sexual Harassment and Assault Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Sexual Harassment and Assault Laws
Suggestion Description: This is the current description of 9.7 Sexual offences: Any person who coerces another person through force, threats or abuse of authority forces another person into performing a sexual act commits an offence.

This doesn't cover all sexual offences, that is simply sexual coercion. A person has to MAKE YOU do something sexual in order to break this law. What about sexual acts that are imposed/forced onto you directly by a third person? For example, someone touching your ass or sniffing you isn't covered by this law.

I suggest renaming this law to 9.9 Sexual coercion, and add two new sexual offence laws:

- 9.7 Sexual Harassment: Any person who repetitively makes unwelcome sexual remarks, or who repetitively performs unwelcome sexual actions without physical contact, towards another person, commits an offence.

Examples of sexual remarks include cat-calling, or sexual comments on someone's body (e.g., "nice ass").
Examples of sexual actions without physical contact include sniffing someone, or moaning sexually towards another person.

- 9.8 Sexual Assault: Any person who forces a physical action of sexual nature onto another person commits an offence.

Examples of this include touching someone's buttocks, or kissing and licking another person without their consent.

OBVIOUSLY more explicit sexual RP like "/me passionately fondles X's boobs" should fall under the umbrella of the 2.8 Sexual Roleplay server rule.

Why should this be added?:
- Realistic instead of presenting sexual coercion as the only sexual offence
- Allow police to punish behavior not rarely seen (sniffing, licking)

What negatives could this have?:
- 

Useful Images:

Last edited:
Reaction score
ERP is banned so there is no need for this that I can see?

Reaction score
ERP is banned so there is no need for this that I can see?
I expected this argument, if ERP is banned to that extent then why do we have a 9.7 Sexual Offences law in the first place?

Also in my opinion cat-calling or sniffing someone is very mild to be considered ERP, I see no problem with it being allowed rules-wise but punishable by in-game law.

Reaction score
Honestly ERP laws don't even need to exist as the RP that can trigger it is a big no no so eh
It’s solely so users can be punished in character for it too. Forcing people into ERP situations was banned for a considerably long time before ERP as a whole got blanket banned yet the law remained in place so users can have in character repercussions for doing it.

Due to these acts being against the rules totally now to begin with I see no reason to change the law, as it serves its purpose to resolving these situations in character and allows officers and citizens to lawfully intervene in defence of someone else. Removing this law would make said acts technically legal and therefor make defending someone from said act classify as an assault with a firearm charge.

Reaction score
It’s solely so users can be punished in character for it too. Forcing people into ERP situations was banned for a considerably long time before ERP as a whole got blanket banned yet the law remained in place so users can have in character repercussions for doing it.

Due to these acts being against the rules totally now to begin with I see no reason to change the law, as it serves its purpose to resolving these situations in character and allows officers and citizens to lawfully intervene in defence of someone else. Removing this law would make said acts technically legal and therefor make defending someone from said act classify as an assault with a firearm charge.
If that's the reasoning, it makes no sense that the laws are not changed. I didn't ask for the law to be removed, but to be renamed because it only covers a fraction of sexual offences, and add 2 more to cover more.

If removing this law makes these things legal, what about sexual harassment and sexual assault as I described? While you currently can defend someone from sexual coercion but in-character, you can't legally defend me from someone kissing me without my consent or someone calling me a snack, sniffing me, etc. because those actions are currently legal.

If cat-calling (e.g. calling someone a snack), or sniffing, or licking sounds are considered ERP, I got a list of people for you to ban.

Reaction score
Have to agree with efan, since it's against rules I say we do not even bother making laws.
The entire process of arresting a sexual offender in game could be massively triggering. Especially if there's lack of evidence.

Reaction score
If someone see's that there is a law stating that you may not sexually assault someone or you'll face jail time, wouldn't they infer that it is not against the server rules?

Reaction score
If someone see's that there is a law stating that you may not sexually assault someone or you'll face jail time, wouldn't they infer that it is not against the server rules?
So, you think its allowed because a law allows it? You should try it and see what happens.

Reaction score
So, you think its allowed because a law allows it? You should try it and see what happens.
No, my point is that someone would infer that it is allowed since there is a law against it. ERP is cringe and I want no part in it, personally. Just giving my input.

Reaction score
No, my point is that someone would infer that it is allowed since there is a law against it. ERP is cringe and I want no part in it, personally. Just giving my input.
The law is in place to allow people to lawfully act and intervene in the action, Not just have cops walk straight past saying "Its not illegal" and not reporting it because they don't care enough to make reports.

Reaction score
Inferring laws have anything to do with server rules based on if they’re legal or not is a false equivalence. Just like you can’t infer because drugs are illegal that they’re against rules. There’s no connection, so reading rules is a whole thing on its own and the responsibility of each player before being involved with what’s legal or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.