[SOLVED] Windows 10 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So after upgrading to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) I noticed Windows made a "Windows.old" folder just like when you reboot the system. In this folder there are only the programs that couldn't be kept (such as the Antivirus and some other shit) this makes this folder useless and so I want to delete it. The problem is I can't delete it neither using Admin permission:
To modify this folder, SYSTEM autorization is needed
It says something like that.
I checked the safety proprieties and i gave every autorizzation to everyone, but still nothing changes.

Do you guys have the same problem? DO you know how to solve it?

Also, after the upgrade the free space in my disk decreased so fast i didn't even noticed it: From some GB now I have only few MB, The only thing I installed were some apps, Gmod updates, and Windows updates. I don't even know how to uninstal these apps, I need help with this W10 :banghead:

Last edited:
Reaction score
d83a310598.png

is your friend

8753567e54.jpg
125a7fce44.jpg

You have to reboot the pc for it to take effect.

picture in case you find the link fishy.
a35fa98498.png
http://filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Pusheen
I know what is it
this makes this folder useless
Why should I waste 7GB of space on my disk? plus I know it's only 7GB, but I don't know what end did the rest of the space I had before, for sure I'm not going to delete my personal files
[DOUBLEPOST=1439470784,1439470269][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: I don't know what happened: after installing Unlocker as suggested by @Exnem I was expecting something like an error saying "Insufficent space to instal the program on your computer", but instead it succesfully installed so I checked my free space on the disk and now it's 47,3 GB :jawdrop:

Problem solved I guess, I'll let it opened till tomorrow to see if something changes and the problem comes back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.