Community Suggestion Some administrative thread overhauls

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Some administrative thread overhauls
Suggestion Description:
- Give the ability to anonymize Action Requests, similar to IAs
- Make Action Requests & Refund Requests invisible to standard users and only visible to staff and those involved

^ Made easier by this suggestion:
- Transition Action Requests & Refund Requests to Discord tickets

Why should this be added?:
- Anonymize Action Requests - prevents "AR wars"/toxicity/targeting due to ARs & gives users a much greater feeling of security when reporting someone
- Make Action Requests & Refund Requests invisible - same benefits as above, also reduces perceived clutter for users on the forums. Refund Requests change necessary as by-product of anonymity. Less enforcement of 2.5 necessary

Transition Action Requests & Refund Requests to Discord tickets:
- Reduces perceived clutter for users on the forums
- Would make above changes much easier by way of the tickets basically doing it for you
- Allows for more free-flowing discussion during a report with the reporter and reported added to a ticket, could even negotiate a
voice chat outside of gmod - both allowing for the best possible outcome to be reached with much greater ease.
- Makes reports more convenient by way of using the more commonly used platform within the current playerbase - makes replies
and discussion from phone much easier as well.
- Can attach evidence directly instead of going through third-party uploading services.

What negatives could this have?:
- Might promote much more petty ARs/spam ARs
- Could be easier to abuse Discord tickets
- Takes some amount of traffic away from the forums, but the Discord already does this really
- ARs are fun to look at sometimes
- Implementation time - however unless you're set on using a custom Discord bot this shouldn't be too much of a problem

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Ensures that a culture of "revenge ARs" - while already not as prominent as it used to be - is completely killed off. Also gives users a feeling of safety when reporting, ensuring that they feel secure to report any rule breaches they see fit instead of feeling like there might be backlash or repercussions for reporting things, or even just making a report to check for a potential rule break they might be uncertain about.

Last edited:
bro half the reason I get on forums is to view the spicy AR drama, also would be terrible for transparency on how the staff handles some situations. I can remember at least 4 AR decisions that actually taught me to never do something regarding breaking said rule. I don't see an issue with the way anything is going, in fact if anything I wish you could add reactions to ban apologies, specifically CWB bans

Ok but so why discord ticket part? People make staff complaints and it's non-viewable by the normal member so it's definitely possible on this forum site. I agree with the option for users to anonymize their refund requests and ARs but to make it a discord thing seems redundant.

bro half the reason I get on forums is to view the spicy AR drama, also would be terrible for transparency on how the staff handles some situations. I can remember at least 4 AR decisions that actually taught me to never do something regarding breaking said rule. I don't see an issue with the way anything is going, in fact if anything I wish you could add reactions to ban apologies, specifically CWB bans
Fr the gainaxe scenario was interesting, and the guy that unironically filmed himself irl crouch jumping with a weight to prove to staff that it’s realistic and possible with a mp5, hilarious

You can look at ARs and learn about what is rulebreaks and different scenarios and stuff

Tho i agree adminsitrative threads have no reason to show up in shoutbox like that

Ok but so why discord ticket part? People make staff complaints and it's non-viewable by the normal member so it's definitely possible on this forum site. I agree with the option for users to anonymize their refund requests and ARs but to make it a discord thing seems redundant.
just for the reasons listed in the post