Staff OOC Mute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post:
Main Idea: Give staff the ability to revoke someones OOC access

Full description of the idea: Add a command or button that gives staff members the power to mute someone in OOC. This could potentially work like the Blacklist tool where you can set time limit for it.

Why should it be added?: OOC can get a bit heated and sometimes deleting messages doesn't always work, being able to mute people would allow for a temporary cooldown and would help to reduce salt and shit without having to actually remove the player from the server.

Pros: Less aids and abuse in OOC
Staff can actually handle the people that get salty and spam OOC

Cons: Could reconnect or such to avoid this [May not be an issue]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
To be completely honest, I'm baffled at how this hasn't already been implemented. Consistently, specific players return to the server day after day and constantly force the Staff Team to keep an unnecessary sharp eye on the OOC to attempt to keep "1.1 Disrespectful Behaviour" to a minimum. (I believe this is a fair statement as it is generally rare to see new players join and talk smack in the OOC.) This is not only time consuming but is a nuisance to the Staff Team. The Staff are generally already stressed out with the huge demand constantly weighing down on their shoulders by players. They seriously don't need the immaturity that some people frivolously provide in the OOC. (I apologise if I come across as someone who has a stick in a place it doesn't belong but I do empathise with the Staff on this matter.)
+Support

Reaction score
+Support
This would be a great improvement, i guess alot of players get toxic after losing some expensive stuff or after a failRP situation and they start calling names and insulting, afterwards they'll probably regret this. So OOCMute would be a great solution to this problem!

Zoephix

Communication Banned
Reaction score
+Support
This would possibly decrease the level of toxicity.

Reaction score
+Support

Yes please, will decrease toxicity. Should be clear logs of who that hands it out in-case of abuse

cough @Brinch

Reaction score
I really like this idea but as long as it will be handed out in a last result right before banning or warning people... also it wouldn't be fair to warn / ban people right after this as a 30 minute mute would be punishment enough for toxicity etc... then if people continue to show the same behavior go for it :p

also make it clear in how this would work to the normal non staff people please because I dont want to be muted for a bad wordas I already have so much words I can say in ooc...

edit: by this
make it clear in how this would work to the normal non staff people please
I mean like the boundaries of how far people can go before being warned for 1.1 so it wont have to depend on which staff is on.

anyways if it wont be abused in a way of straight mutes it is a +suppert from me

Reaction score
Discussion Post: Main Idea: Give staff the ability to revoke someones OOC access

Full description of the idea: Add a command or button that gives staff members the power to mute someone in OOC. This could potentially work like the Blacklist tool where you can set time limit for it.

Why should it be added?: OOC can get a bit heated and sometimes deleting messages doesn't always work, being able to mute people would allow for a temporary cooldown and would help to reduce salt and shit without having to actually remove the player from the server.

Pros: Less aids and abuse in OOC
Staff can actually handle the people that get salty and spam OOC

Cons: Could reconnect or such to avoid this [May not be an issue]
+ Support
I think this is a very good idea, Since alot of people will get very toxic after getting killed. And also crying about that people have broken a rule and we all say they need to make a report. And then now you can tell them to stop or else they will get muted instead of kicked. Because then you will also lose your houses, etc

Reaction score
I really unsupport this. I like the arguments. The one thing that makes me feel good after a long hard day at work is a really intense text screaming session on PERPHeads.

Say NO to censorship.

Reaction score
- Support

I am really against this, it removes a lot of freedom from the individual, also the concepts of freedom of speech. I like the democratic feeling this gives, where we can talk about what happened and stuff, and talk to people, instead of just muting them like a robot.

Deleted member 4983

Aren't you literally a communist? How can u care about freedom of speech? Xd

Reaction score
It doesn't. Staff is only able to mute people in which break rules, say you break 1.1 multiple times and don't stop after messages deleted..etc or verbal warnings or warnings from staff. Instead of fucking banning you, they mute you. This should become a thing because everyone is so toxic here even me im very toxic @Racxes

Reaction score
accepted.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.