Police Suggestion Standard-Issue Revolvers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Hello,

Add the SW Model 19 to Senior Officers or higher.

Add the SW Model 29 to Sergeants or higher.

Both of these weapons are chambered in .357 ammo. 6 shooters, front-ramp sight, double-action revolvers. They pack a punch, delivering a bullet in 1545 feet per second. Safe to officers old and new, with ease of use, and since it is double-action, it is effective in times of need, and safe in times of storage. Persuasive reasons to have and to use them!

“I have not the slightest sympathy with any policy which tends to put the policeman at the mercy of a tough, or which deprives him of efficient weapons.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • They aren't OP. Its a six-shooter, I'd say pretty under matched compared to what most crims carry.
  • They aren't crazy or over the top, nothing flashy.
What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • "Not worth it" or "Too much hassle" "Not what we need". Chill. The server doesn't need to update tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cops have to compete against dudes using automatic rifles and 50.cal snipers. The semi-automatic pistols that they use already put them at a disadvantage. Giving them a revolver would make it even harder for them to fight IMO since you have 6 shots out of which you need to land like 2 or 3 on the body for someone to die, not to mention that you need to cock the motherfucker after every shot.

No matter how cool it would be I dont think it's worth the effort of introducing it into the police force since the high capacity pistols they already use are good enough.

Reaction score
tbf if you didn't have to cock the gun back every time, it would be better and a little better!
The problem is, the developers clearly don't know what "Double-Action" means. Double Action means when you pull the trigger on the handgun, the hammer also cocks back as well, making it one fluid motion like most semi-autos.

Also, when pulling the hammer back on a gun, it primes the gun, making it less force to pull the trigger, firing it easier. But due to being on a mouse, it doesn't matter the amount of force! One idea I have is to E + Right Click to prime your gun and pull the hammer, instead of it happening EVERY SHOT.

Lets also not mention the fact of loading EACH. DAMN. BULLET. Devs, speed reloaders, add them.

Reaction score
Pedants would complain that the revolvers are too hard to use, then on the other side, you'd have chads like me trickshotting suspects and sniping them from across the map with them.

I would love this, but on the other hand, people would cry about them because they're incredibly powerful and instead of calling to remove it from the PD arsenal they'd all whinge til the revolver gets a nerf.

Deleted member 4116

Did you become @Alyt 2.0 with these suggestions? What are these suggestions, instead of asking for revolvers and shit ask for deployable shields or sum. They would actually higher your chances of winning, revolvers won’t.

Reaction score
I don't think he is making this suggestion to higher his chances of winning but more to have a variety of guns to choose from

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.