double-action revolvers

Reaction score
Description of the idea: add the ability to switch between double and single-action (similar to switching firemodes) when using a revolver.

Why should this be added? (pros): Pretty sure that every revolver in the game is double-action in real life, but we still insist on using single action despite it providing little advantage when not using it for recreation/range practice. This would make revolvers more viable as well as a more realistic as you're not cocking your model 29 every damn SHOT like it's 1873. In real life you really only manually cock the hammer in a non-combat situation where being able to fire quickly at a target is not a priority.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
'revolvers op' despite the fact that their limited capacity (6 max) and reload time are still significant downsides

Reaction score
What negatives could this have? (cons):
'revolvers op' despite the fact that their limited capacity (6 max) and reload time are still significant downsides
You forgot to mention reainimating the revolvers to allow this and configuring the animations to transition effectively.

I thought about this ages ago but it was the animating side of it that put me off. Function wise this would be good.

Revolvers on PERP as is are to be used as pocket snipers and maybe this could help shift the meta a bit (but I doubt it til we have speedloaders)