Studying In United States

Reaction score
If you're moving with no money or way to get a job immediately I would avoid larger cities like NY/Miami/LA because they aren't cheap places to live ($1k/mo+ for a small apartment in NYC)

As far as education you should choose a college early & find a community college that will let you transfer credits over to it, this way you can get basic classes done for much, much cheaper. Also be wary of having to buy textbooks (total bullshit btw, it's pretty much a scam) you can usually find cheap used ones.

As far as shootings go it's pretty over exaggerated, while it is a problem, it isn't one most people worry about when going outside. Definitely avoid Chicago though.

Deleted member 4983

Don't go to the UK though, unless you want debt for the rest of your life.

Reaction score
Seriously move to a Scandinavian country, if you want to get away from all of the cancer going on in other countries, aslong as you don't live in a bad part of Sweden such as Husby, Dala, Rosengård you're literally the safest you've ever been. Same goes for Denmark, Norway and Finland

Memes aside I think we can all agree that it's the safest move you can make

Zoephix

Communication Banned
Reaction score
move to the netherlands our tax system is great *cough*

Deleted member 4983

59184a0f0f8860e4b1f89e1e05430b3c.png

d06

Reaction score
Here is my in biased opinion which is hard to find from me as I am 100% pro US master race. The US is a wonderful place depending on where you go, with a Middle East background I think you will find that some places down south and in the mid west will be a lot less welcoming to middle easterners due to previous events and bias possessed by these groups in particular. I would personally recommend moving to the New England area, if you like larger cities I would suggest Massachusetts personally I love Boston, Massachusetts also has great universities alongside the rest of New England. If you’re looking for something more quiet Maine is beautiful, I absolutely love Maine, and I know there is some bias behind this as I was born n raised here. For the midterm part as long as you aren’t from Quebec in the summer time everyone here is really friendly, and there is a fairly cheap cost of living compared to some other states! (Also have some good schools) if you have any questions feel free to DM me and when I get around to it I can answer em, don’t be hesitant to move if you feel it is unsafe, I can assure you you’ll be fine.

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
אל תהיה מושפע זה לא מתאים לך

Deleted member 1235

The only thing to bear in mind is obviously America's welfare system isn't as generous or far reaching as those of Europe. You'll need some medical insurance and stuff for sure, whilst in the UK for example it's virtually unheard off.

My own biased opinion but University in the UK is pretty good. In England you have to pay but you get a loan from the government. It's not even a proper loan and you only start paying it when you earn over £26k a year, and even then it's like £5 a week taken out of your payslip.

Cost of living is something to note as well. Living in major cities is gonna be more expensive then outside. 5 miles could mean the difference between say £400 rent a month and £800 rent.

UK universities are quite popular with non Europeans, many Asian students come over here as well as those from the continent. It's also easy to travel around. If you studied in London, you can literally wake up at 8am and still get lunch in Paris and be back in London by the evening.

Happy to answer any questions, America isn't as bad as TV makes it out to be, same with UK, Germany, Sweden etc. Everywhere has crime, some parts are worse than others, but on the most part it's pretty low.