[Suggestion] Joining a job to check if you're warranted or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to add:
Joining a job to check if you are warranted or not is against the rules.

Why do you believe this rule should be added:
I see people become a cop and than resign 2 seconds after very often. They do this to check if they are warranted or not.
This is very unrealistic because:
  • The NPC would know you are warranted and you would risk your life
  • It's not realistic

Quick addition: Perhaps there could be a timer between joining a job and leaving a job? If you have to wait 5 minutes before you can quit the job again nobody is going to attempt job abusing I think.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Read it properly. Quite sure he meant a public list. Irl you have access to the most wanted list.

Who says all operate a "Most Wanted" list?

Just because IRL there is a most wanted list for most departments, doesn't mean Paralake does one, also since you want to bring IRL into this, ever heard of Data Protection? you would have to identify yourself to even get that data, likely they wouldn't even tell you, they would just come out from behind the desk or contact officers then have you arrested before telling you that you are warranted to prevent an escape

Sam

Reaction score
What is this. 3.4 for wanting to see if you're warranted and once you find out you run. I am sorry if this uspsets you, but am quite sure the rules are there to enforce gameplay and realism and not warn everyone for everything.

You warn/ban people for not making sure they're warranted before shooting at cops, but you don't want them to check if they're warranted.
Let people be stupid. Stupidity shouldn't be punished, intentional trolling with the system should.

Why would your comments upset anyone here?

Rules are in place to create a friendly ooc environment, a fun and playable server, to enforce role play and realism to a good level. Who said anything about warning and banning everyone?

"You warn/ban people for not making sure they're warranted before shooting at cops"
We punish some players when they dont take the necessary steps to ensure that they will serve a lengthy jail sentence if arrested. There are several ways to make sure, use your brain and listen to the officer, see if the officer is calling for backup, does the officer have a gun in his hands etc...

Read it properly. Quite sure he meant a public list. Irl you have access to the most wanted list.
This is not real life,

"Irl you have access"
IRL police can track phones via the cell network, in perp we can not (@3902ru9234urf9834ur9t834u can), Just because you can do something in real life does not mean you can on perp.

Deleted member 6228

I'm talking about a most wanted list, such as ones already fucking used irl. I should be able to check that database without identifying myself to police, just as I can right now go onto the FBI's most wanted list and see who is warranted, if I was on there myself I wouldn't get arrested for looking would I?

Reaction score
What I think is important for people to understand is that they can't go up to an npc, check if they're warranted, then they get told by the NPC that they are to just run away, if the NPC tells you that you are warranted you should consider yourself detained.

So you are telling me that if I attempt to join the police whilst unaware that I have a warrant and then when I am then told by the, probably 50+ year old and overweight, desk Seargent that I have a warrant for my arrest... am I to just be stood there as if "detained" or apprehended in cuffs.

What rule breakage would it be to simply run away? Or does this only apply to those doing it intentionally?

Talk about ruleplay over roleplay.

Reaction score
This is not real life,

"Irl you have access"
IRL police can track phones via the cell network, in perp we can not (@3902ru9234urf9834ur9t834u can), Just because you can do something in real life does not mean you can on perp.

Irl people can hide in vastly greater areas, different cities and a multitude of buildings etc.
Even different countries or at sea. Lmao.

It takes 90 seconds to lap the highway in a decently fast car on perp. Let's not get ahead of ourselves...

A public warrant list can be debated lenghty I'm sure, but let's not cast it aside with weak or dumb reasoning just because one feels like it.

ADDED:

Perhaps the PLPD could decide which warrants to share with the public, that is certainly the case with the FBI's list irl @Inchs .
It doesn't need to be an overpowered or unrelistic thing.

What's dumb about the post @Samuel ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why would your comments upset anyone here?

Rules are in place to create a friendly ooc environment, a fun and playable server, to enforce role play and realism to a good level. Who said anything about warning and banning everyone?

"You warn/ban people for not making sure they're warranted before shooting at cops"
We punish some players when they dont take the necessary steps to ensure that they will serve a lengthy jail sentence if arrested. There are several ways to make sure, use your brain and listen to the officer, see if the officer is calling for backup, does the officer have a gun in his hands etc...

This is not real life,

"Irl you have access"
I never support the but irl this and that idea. I only stated a fact.

I only mentioned that punishing a player who went there to actually check if they're warranted and get 100% confirmation that they are warranted is stupid. If someone goes there with the knowledge that they are and do it just so they can run, they should be punished then. As long as they don't go with a weapon as well to shoot cops it should be okay.

This stuff should really not be punished and just because a user does not come up with the best, a good or even a plausible plan doesn't mean he should be smacked for it, if he tried. Let people fail on their own or succeed.

I've seen the let me check if I am warranted plan go wrong many times and let's be honest. If someone complains about that message he deserves to be smacked. All officers start running there and I still wonder how people actually escape.

6T7mFPS_d.jpg

It's easier for you to say that than for a player that they should use common sense.
Why should there be rules for specific scenarios? Because the bullshit I've heard, so many times. Staff1 punishes someone. Staff2 disagrees. Staff3 partially agrees. And sometimes what I hear from staff and players is that it's a gamble what staff member you get in an admin sit (I don't go to those because I am a good boy). Every staff member thinks differently, but so does every player. I am not defending the very stupid and mingey minges, but am defending those who get rules twisted on.

Besides if you want the officer at the desk to stop the suspect from fleeing you could always make a script where the npc locks down the pd including the front doors for a minute.
Let's not 2.1 things that can easily be implemented please?

And 2.1 is one of those rules that is constantly twisted. Car works after crash? Well oh boy 2.1.
Why is it not 2.1 abusing the lenght of the roadspikes? You're correct. Because players cannot control that.
Why can a medic throw a single medkit at the person and heal them of shot wounds, broken legs and even fucking aids? You're correct. Because it's a game mechanic.

And let's be honest. If I follow you or anyone around for a day I can find 3.4 easily. I mean... Walking through the forest is 3.4 with 2.1 involved as you could get a tick, die from meningitis. Yes it's a stupid example, but hey it's a risk.

Besides you said the rules are there to create a friendly ooc enviroment. All this unwritten rule stuff brought the players and staff nothing but anger towards each other. This brought amongst other things the current state of perp. The whole unwritten rule stuff kinda makes the whole gameplay very linear because people are so scared to try new things (shootouts are like a visual novel right now). They don't have the time to ask staff, therefore don't do it. Like that one time I took a medic as a bodyshield during a shootout with the knowledge that cops can't shoot me. It worked. But I was told off that if he would've gotten shot it would've been 2.5 .

This stuff obviously pisses me off, and by my record you can see that I try to follow rules, I try to be good. I get rarely into trouble and even then I am only told off verbally.

After all staff are there to aid the server by moderating it. And I think we can all respect that you take your time to keep yourself up with the rules and your personal time that you spend. But you must also respect that players come here to enjoy themselves without having to know every tiny detail, read every forum post. We spend our time here. Our time, which we don't have infinite of. (Ikr that's deep)

To finish it off: This was not directed towards a specific staff member, rather at the entire staff team. This is my opinion and maybe it may affect you. It is not only my opinion. I speak with many community members on a daily basis and there's a bunch of thoughts involved here. And I am also not saying all of them agree to this.
----
Back on track:
This is all off the point. But the point is that you should just implement a system to prevent people from leaving the pd after checking then. Closing the doors should do. Don't 2.1 and 3.4 this. Please. We've been doing this from the start and no one complained about it.

//phone (press zing for respect)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You clearly understood what I wrote...

You go to cop > "Am I wanted" > cop restrains you = you can not escape. Feel free to go to the PD and check warrants, don't run out when you notice you have one. Consider the NPC as a player that got a gun.

Pretty sweaty to enforce that... but Smauel I guess. RIP.

shutterstock_157287251.jpg

Do you honestly expect a regular player to go through that train of thought if mistakenly attempting to join the PD whilst warranted?

Reaction score
The system of interacting with NPCs while warranted has been changed, so this rule suggestion is no longer relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.