[Suggestion] Joining a job to check if you're warranted or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to add:
Joining a job to check if you are warranted or not is against the rules.

Why do you believe this rule should be added:
I see people become a cop and than resign 2 seconds after very often. They do this to check if they are warranted or not.
This is very unrealistic because:
  • The NPC would know you are warranted and you would risk your life
  • It's not realistic

Quick addition: Perhaps there could be a timer between joining a job and leaving a job? If you have to wait 5 minutes before you can quit the job again nobody is going to attempt job abusing I think.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you are wanted and go to the PD npc it tells you you’re wanted and sends an alert to all officers

Sam

Reaction score
This already falls under rule 3.4. Players should not visit the PD desk Sergeant NPC to check if they are wanted unless they are going handing themselves in if wanted.

If you see players do this, report it.

Reaction score
This already falls under rule 3.4. Players should not visit the PD desk Sergeant NPC to check if they are wanted unless they are going handing themselves in if wanted.

But what is its a PO behind the desk?

Reaction score

Why is there another option saying "O crap" or something indicating that you can escape?

Reaction score
Why is there another option saying "O crap" or something indicating that you can escape?
I think it’ll be due to the fact that when you go in and the NPC sees you’re wanted they would be gunpointing you until other cops arrived but obviously the npc can’t so you are supposed to act like they are GPing you

Reaction score

It does not say that in the rule specifically, perhaps it should be added.
I know it's 3.4, I mentioned that in the original post, but it should be added black on white somewhere.

Reaction score
Quick addition: Perhaps there could be a timer between joining a job and leaving a job? If you have to wait 5 minutes before you can quit the job again nobody is going to attempt job abusing I think.

Reaction score
I think a feature like this would just be annoying especially when you go cop and there is no one on but one FF and a dead server. People would most likely sit afk in pd just to wait and resign.
If you catch someone abusing the jobs just make a report or AR and get em nicked

Reaction score
You don't need to go on duty to check if you're wanted, just press E on the NPC and you will see if you are.

You don't make any sense. Players go to the PD NPC because they want to confirm if they are wanted or not. If players don't have enough proof that they are wanted staff starts bitching to them for shooting cops for being not 100% sure if they are wanted or not.

Of course it's 3.4 if you already know that you are wanted but in my opinion you should be allowed to go check if you are wanted or not if you are unsure about it.

Sam

Reaction score
You don't need to go on duty to check if you're wanted, just press E on the NPC and you will see if you are.

You don't make any sense. Players go to the PD NPC because they want to confirm if they are wanted or not. If players don't have enough proof that they are wanted staff starts bitching to them for shooting cops for being not 100% sure if they are wanted or not.

Of course it's 3.4 if you already know that you are wanted but in my opinion you should be allowed to go check if you are wanted or not if you are unsure about it.

You clearly understood what I wrote...

You go to cop > "Am I wanted" > cop restrains you = you can not escape. Feel free to go to the PD and check warrants, don't run out when you notice you have one. Consider the NPC as a player that got a gun.

Sam

Reaction score
It does not say that in the rule specifically, perhaps it should be added.
I know it's 3.4, I mentioned that in the original post, but it should be added black on white somewhere.

Why does everything need to be in the rule? People should think before they act, additionally, it is not very realistic to go to the PD and talk to a cop, then run away. The officer would cuff you while checking warrants.

Reaction score
What I think is important for people to understand is that they can't go up to an npc, check if they're warranted, then they get told by the NPC that they are to just run away, if the NPC tells you that you are warranted you should consider yourself detained.

Deleted member 6228

TBH You should be able to ask who is currently warranted without identifying yourself, it should be available to the public who is wanted by the police

Reaction score
What is this. 3.4 for wanting to see if you're warranted and once you find out you run. I am sorry if this uspsets you, but am quite sure the rules are there to enforce gameplay and realism and not warn everyone for everything.

You warn/ban people for not making sure they're warranted before shooting at cops, but you don't want them to check if they're warranted.
Let people be stupid. Stupidity shouldn't be punished, intentional trolling with the system should.

Reaction score
TBH You should be able to ask who is currently warranted without identifying yourself, it should be available to the public who is wanted by the police
This is the most retarded thing i've ever heard, how the fuck are they going to know anything about you if you don't identify yourself, please just please record yourself going to the PD in real life asking if you're warranted without an ID on you, I beg you Inchs, do it.

Reaction score
This is the most retarded thing i've ever heard, how the fuck are they going to know anything about you if you don't identify yourself, please just please record yourself going to the PD in real life asking if you're warranted without an ID on you, I beg you Inchs, do it.
Read it properly. Quite sure he meant a public list. Irl you have access to the most wanted list.

Status
Not open for further replies.