System that automatically sells properties when not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Create a system that automatically sells properties that haven't had player activity for more than 1 hour. This is to prevent players from buying properties and then not using them, for example someone buys the entire Slums and then stops using them but stays online making it so no one else can use the property.

I made a rule suggestion found HERE to make it against the rules to not use properties you buy and @TinySlayer suggested this system. I absolutely love it and think it would be a great system to prevent players from buying properties and then not using them at all.

I'll list some functions here.
  • Shop properties (except Puffer Mart and McUwes) would be excluded from this system, however, if my rule suggestion gets accepted they will have to make a shop in it otherwise other players could make a report and get it sold. Players often make shops and then base somewhere else because they don't have to watch their shop.
  • When a property gets sold that has props on it, it would send all props in the property to storage.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • It is easier to buy properties you want to use.
  • More friendly to new players that can't find a for sale property.
  • (If rule gets accepted) Less work for Staff team.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • Entire base defences dissapearing when a base has not been used for a while.

*Other additions: A tool for Staff to force sell properties.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’d rather it be a staff thing than an automatic thing tbh.

Reaction score
Thats why this is a suggestion!

Why exactly? I can imagine why but maybe you have a different eye on it.

Reaction score
Because we shouldn’t automatically lose a property just because we aren’t directly using it at the time unless someone wants to use it.

Reaction score
Heres a suggestion building off of Benji's critcism: Every hour, an unused property will let you know that it is going to be autosold, unless, you repurchase it for (X)% of its initial cost. This way, its not just a free property all day long, it forces you to keep investing in it if you really really want it.

Mim

Reaction score
This would also encourage people to actually go out and not just AFK or stay at their base 24/7

Reaction score
I think it's a good part of org wars, forcing your opponent into a more unfamiliar /uncomfortable base for them. It's a tactic that's been used against and by me a ton, very annoying but I like it.

Reaction score
@Synatec if someone bought it and left it there for a significant amount of time (an hour or two) without using it beyond basic storage access and theirs a valid roleplay reason someone wants that property. Only if it’s a unique property, or a duplicate property which all of its counterparts are in use should this apply. Having this Be automated removes the humanity and logical thinking behind force selling a property however and I feel as though it should be done manually by staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.