Police Suggestion Taser - Allow two shots before reload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Increase the shots possible on the current taser from 1 shot to 2 shots before needing to reload. My rationale for this is because I would quite like it if people used the taser more frequently as people usually jump to their firearm pretty quickly.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • We know it can be somewhat difficult sometimes to hit a target, so this would give you another chance if you miss the first shot
  • Allow you to incapacitate two suspects at once if there's a fight broken out

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • Would most likely require a model remade to make it look like an X2 taser as it has two cartridges at the end instead of one like the X26P.

*Other additions:
  • Possibly make it take longer to reload it as you have to put in two cartridges instead of one. This would balance it out a bit more.
  • Change the firing noise to this - https://vocaroo.com/6pdcqW3UHfy (Very optional, only if very little work to change)

Not an image, but a video that demonstrates the difference between a single one (X26P) vs a double shot one (X2)

If you can think of any other benefits/disadvantages of adding this, then please reply with them below as this is all I could think of while writing this.

Reaction score
Kinda unrealistic for this model of taser, I'd say, if nothing else change the reloading speed to balance the taser a bit

Reaction score
I think this will be a great addition, Mostly for two suspects in a fight and you can shoot them both with a taser round and both suspects will be down on the ground for you to put in handcuffs.

Reaction score
this tazer is a real good idea but i think the voltage is a bit lower on these meaning the times tazed could/would be lowered a bit to balance it

Reaction score
No thanks. The way the taser works currently vs how it would work with an X2 would conflict and the overall functionality of a taser would be hindered.

Reaction score
Because the taser allows you to zap people further after tasing them to ensure they remain down for as long as an officer can move in to restrain. I’d rather keep this than have a 2 shot taser as officers already use it in place of a nightstick in situations that call for a nightstick.

Reaction score
Because the taser allows you to zap people further after tasing them to ensure they remain down for as long as an officer can move in to restrain. I’d rather keep this than have a 2 shot taser as officers already use it in place of a nightstick in situations that call for a nightstick.
Taser is considered lesser force than hitting someone with a metal stick so surely that’s good? I don’t really get what you mean with the zapping people further thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.